Chapter 38 'Not Goodbye'

Start from the beginning

They finished the interview and wrapped everything up. Wesley and Keaton were both starving, so I decided to take them to a coffee shop I usually go to. We pulled in and I decided to stay in the car since one, I look like trash right now, and two, I don't have extra money to get anything anyways.

"You aren't coming?" Keaton asked.

"No, I'll be fine," I assured.

"Come on, I'll get you something, please," Wesley offered. I shook my head no, but apparently he wasn't taking it for an answer. He opened the drivers side door and yanked on my arm to get me out.

"Okay, geez, calm down. I don't have the money to pay you back this time though, so you're lucky."

"I wouldn't accept it anyways," he sassed back. We walked in and I ordered some coffee, the boys got food and coffee. We sat down at a booth by the window. I sipped on my coffee while the boys devoured their food.

"Hey Lane, isn't that the guy that spilled coffee all over you on New Years?" Wes asked gesturing towards the door.

"Are you serious? Is he really here?" I whisper yelled. I tried to hide my face with my arms. "That's Ian," I mouthed to Wesley. He looked confused at first but it finally clicked. I was praying so bad that he didn't come over here. I have the WORST luck ever because as soon as I was thinking that he walked right by our table. I couldn't tell if he noticed me or not, but on his way back out the door I know he saw me.

"Hey Laney, I've been trying to reach you," he slowly trailed off when he saw who I was with. He must've remembered Wesley.

"Sorry! My charger broke and I haven't been able to buy a new one yet," I chuckled trying to lighten the tense mood he created.

"Right," he scoffed and walked away. Well that wasn't cold or anything. Wes looked at me apologetically, but it didn't really phase me to be honest. Yeah, he was a great friend and amazing guy, but I didn't want a relationship with him. I'll try and talk to him later.

"It's alright, he was nothing but a good friend anyways," I sighed. I promised myself I would never be that girl that would cheat and use guys, and I just did exactly that. I feel so guilty, but I told Ian I wasn't over Wesley yet.

"Sorry," Wes mumbled.

"No you're not," I laughed.

"Is it that obvious?" I nodded and rolled my eyes playfully. We left the shop and I had to drop the guys back off at their hotel where their tour bus was.

"It was nice seeing you two," I smiled giving them hugs. Wesley lifted me off the ground while squeezing me tight with his muscular arms.

"I love you, and I'll call you when I get a chance," he said into my ear.

"I love you too, and I'll answer if I'm not busy," I chuckled.

"You better," he warned. He sat me down on my feet and leaned in for a kiss. I pecked his cheek and turned away from him. Keaton was rolling his eyes, disgusted, at our playfulness. Wesley grabbed my arm and spun me back around, smashing his lips onto mine. I smiled into the kiss when I felt his lips curl into a smile against mine.

"Well, until we meet again, I guess this is goodbye," I sadly said while looking down. He lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes.

"This isn't goodbye, more like see you later," he suggested. I nodded and gave him one last hug before getting back in my car.

"Bye guys! Love you both," I grinned while blowing them kisses. I decided to swing by Ian's and at least explain what happened. I wished I would have ended things before I did that with Wesley because I feel really guilty. I feel like a slut even though I'm definitely not.

"Ian? Please open up! Let me explain!" The door opened, revealing an annoyed looking Ian.

"What? I don't need an explanation because those marks on your neck tell me everything I need to know," he spit at me. I was thrown back by his forceful voice.

"I'm really sorry Ian. I never meant to hurt-"

"Save it Laney. I knew I couldn't trust you. Why don't you just leave."

"I really am truly sorry Ian. I hope you can forgive me one day," I whispered before he slammed the door in my face. I didn't expect him to be okay about this. It's not okay. I did something very mean and wrong, and I deserve this.

I drove to my apartment and started working on my last project for my drama class. It's pretty simple. All I have to do is come up with a plot of a story and write a script for one of the scenes.

I heard my phone ring and ring from beside me. I didn't look at the caller ID, I just let it ring. I finished my last sentence of my script and checked it. It was Wesley, of course. I had a couple missed calls and texts.

Wesley- You better be busy because if you're starting this again I'm turning this bus around and taking you home. Was one of the texts. I laughed at his threat and called him back. I realized it was already midnight. I was working really hard, geez.

Me- Hey Wes! Sorry, I was working on my last project for drama. I finished it at least.

Wesley- It's okay. I just wanted to say goodnight and have a good day at school Monday. I love you Lane.

Me- Thanks babe. Enjoy your shows this week! Love you too. Goodnight.

Wesley- There was actually something else- eh, never mind. Night babe. Sleep tight.

Me- Okay? You too. Bye.

That was weird. I guess whatever he wanted to tell me wasn't important. I cleaned up my school work and hopped into bed after pulling on some pajamas. I played a faint track of Wesley's music that helped me drift off to sleep.