Chapter Eighteen: Leonard Peabody Is Harold Jenkins

Start from the beginning

"Allison..." You gulped. It felt awkward and you both could feel it. Allison felt awkward too but she didn't know the reason why while you, on the other hand, you know your reason why you feel awkward around your sister now.

"Is Vanya...?"

"I can hear her playing the violin."

"Is she alone?"

"M-Most likely so."

"Good. We can tell her that—" Allison stopped when she saw you stepping away when she was about to hold your hand. "(Y/n)? Are you alright?"

'Shit. Why did I step back?' You were unable to answer. You opened your mouth but no words came out.

"(Y/n)?" Allison asked again.

You sucked air through your nose and gulped. "I... I know everything now."

"What do you mean?"

You hugged yourself, your breath shaking. "You rumored me multiple times, Allison."

Allison's face fell and was filled with guilt and humiliation. She has always known that there will be a time that you will know the truth but she did not expect it to be this sooner. "(Y/n)... I-I can explain..."

"There's nothing you can do now, Allison." You sighed, looking away from her to look at the cabin. "But maybe you can do something with Vanya. Help her and treat her better unlike what you all did to me."

Before Allison could reply, you marched off to the cabin, leaving Allison. Allison silently cursed to herself before following you. You wondered how it was getting windy. Is there really a storm coming? Then you realized the wind was coming from the cabin. 'What the—?'

You and Allison exchanged looks before looking at the ceiling lights, shaking violently. Allison looked through the windows. "Vanya? Is that you?" You opened the door and let Allison in first. "Vanya, there you are. What is going on?"

Vanya stopped playing and turned to see her two sisters. "What are you two doing here?"

"We came to find you." You said. "Are you okay?"

Vanya looked at you both in confusion. "Yeah."

"There's something... weird going on. What's causing it?" Allison asked.

You eyed Vanya suspiciously as she changed her posture a bit. "Was it you?"

Vanya held her head high a bit. "Yeah. It's me."

"Wait what do you mean, it's you?" Allison asked again, getting confused.

"You have powers." You deducted, a small smile forming on your lips. "I knew it."

Vanya shrugged. "Turns out I've had them all this time. It's weird, huh?"

Allison gasped. "It's in—it's incredible."

"This is grand!" You stepped forward to hug Vanya earning a slight jump from her. She hesitated but she hugged you back, leaning her cheek on your head. "Th-Thanks, (Y/n)."

After a quick hug, Vanya pulled away from you, sensing something about Allison. "What is it, Allison?"

"Ca-Can we do this in the car?"