“And how about we go for a date tomorrow? After your work? The three of us.” he suggested.

“Oh, sure. That’s a great idea!” she concurred. “You’ll fetch me?”

“I’ll send you to work pa. I’ll be your driver tomorrow.” she chuckled. This man’s mere presence can automatically put her in better mood. She’s very lucky that they live in one roof and share one room. And she’s even luckier because this man— her solace— is also her husband. “I’m fine now, Misis.” Ian said, stopping Lea from her massage.

“Are you sure? I can still continue and you are allowed to sleep while I massage your head.”

“Ayaw kitang tulugan. I’m fine na, the ache kinda got relieved na. Matulog na tayo.” Ian replied and laid properly in their bed, pulling Lea to his chest. “Thank you, Misis. I love you.”

She smiled at him and gave him a peck, “I love you, Sir. Goodnight!”

_______

“Aya, table 17 and this one is for the bill on table 12.” the cook told her while handing her a tray of dishes with a bill on it.

“On it!” she said and tied her apron back before getting the tray. She firstly headed to table 17 to serve the orders. “Hello, Sir, Ma’am, here’s your Smoke Pork Jowl with Pickles, Scallop Sashimi with Meyer Lemon Confit, and Pork Rillet Hand Pies. Enjoy your food!” smiling, she said. She politely left the guests on that table and went to the other one to give their bills.

She patiently waited for them to pay and hand her back the bill book, “Here. Thank you.” the guests said and returned it to her.

“Thank you, Sir! Hope you come back.”

When the guests left, she immediately opened the book to check if they left any tip for her. She smiled when she found one and it’s even much bigger than the usual amount she receives. They will go straight to her savings. She immediately kept it in her pocket and cleaned the table to be available for their next customers.

This is what she does if she’s not in school. She parts time as a waitress to save money for her needs. Hindi kasi siya pinagbibigyan ni Aga sa mga gusto niya kaya natuto siyang pagsikapan na lang ang mga ito. She wants to go home so she goes to work to be able to afford plane tickets going back there.

“Aya, someone’s looking for you on table 3.” the restaurant’s manager came to her and told that.

“Who, Ma’am?” she asked. “If it is a big, kinda chubby, bearded guy, tell him I don’t exist here.” she described her Dad just in case it was him who was looking for her. Aga recently knew she goes to a part time job which he really disliked. It was just last month when he knew that his daughter was working instead of studying and he really went nuts about it. As expected, Aya received a good nagging and yelling from him.

“I don’t know who they are but they said they are your friends. And, no, the guy is not bearded.”

She sighed in relief. They might be just Hannah and Nathan. The manager allowed her to attend to them so she headed to where their table is.

“Hey, guys, what are you doing here?” she asked them. She presumed they were from school because of their bags.

“Obvious ba? S’yempre kakain.” Hannah answered sarcastically. “Come here and join us! Kain tayo!”

“I’m working, Hans. I can’t sit with you.”

“Okay na, napagpaalam ka na namin sa manager niyo. Tsaka patapos naman na raw shift mo kaya napapayag na namin.” Nathan told her.