𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬- 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

The first few minutes of our drive were good before Kendall's phone kept going off which was honestly beginning to annoy me because she wasn't answering any of the questions I was asking her. So the rest of the drive to the restaurant was filled with dings from her phone and me trying to drown them out by turning the volume up on the music I chose to listen to.

Finally, we pulled up to the restaurant I pulled into the parking lot and parked it in the valet area. I got out and thanked the guy who gave me a ticket which I stuffed in my jacket pocket. I came to the passenger side and opened the door and heard multiple clicks of the paparazzi cameras going off as Kendall grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. It was typical hearing them shouting out questions as we went anywhere which annoyed me in the beginning but by now I was used to it. Of course, there were times when some of the questions they asked made me want to do nothing more but sock them in the face but I always held myself back not wanting to embarrass myself but more importantly Kendall.

We walked inside and were greeted by a young blonde woman who smiled wide "welcome to Beauty & Essex how can I help you?" She asked as she stood behind a small podium "uh yeah reservation for Y/LN" I replied she looked at an iPad and nodded "your table is all set follow me" we followed the blonde woman into the restaurant to a more secluded part of the restaurant as I requested. We thanked the woman before she left. I pulled the chair out for Kendall and took a seat across from her. Once again Kendall's focus was on her phone which literally made me roll my eyes. I just grabbed the menu and didn't even say anything "hi I'm Alex I'll be taking care of you two tonight can I start you off with some drinks or appetizers?" I looked up and smiled at the man "yeah I think I'm going to try The Flying Dutchman and water as well." The man smiled and nodded as he wrote my drink choice down "and for you?" He asked looking at Kendall who had finally put her phone down to look at the menu "um I think I'll try the Beauty Elixir and water too. Do you want to try the tuna poke wonton tacos babe?" I nodded. The man finished writing down our orders before telling us that he would be back with everything.

"So how has work been?" I asked my girlfriend doing anything to gain her attention before it went back to her phone "it's been great Kylie actually asked if I wanted to do another collaboration together. This time it would be with clothes so we've been having a lot of meetings just to get some designs done and figuring out all the materials we want to use. I'm pretty excited about it" she replied, making me smile, "that's amazing baby. I'm sure you guys are coming up with some great stuff. I can't wait to see it." I replied honestly I loved seeing how passionate Kendall got with her work. It was one of my favorite things about her and it pushed me to be as passionate at everything I did. I wanted to be the absolute best version of myself for Kendall because she deserved nothing less.

Our waiter got back to our table with our drinks and appetizer which honestly looked amazing. "Have you two decided on what you want for your main course?" I looked at Kendall who nodded "I'll have the roasted cauliflower bolognese" she said and the man wrote down her order and looked to me "and for you?" I looked at the menu one more time "and I'll take the oven braised chicken meatballs." Our waiter wrote down our order and then walked away and once again Kendall was all about her phone.

"What's so important?" I asked making Kendall look up at me "what do you mean?" I shrugged "you've just been more focused on the phone than on me it's supposed to be date night" Kendall rolled her eyes "yeah we were supposed to have date night like three times already and you canceled." Her tone took me aback for a moment "it's not like I canceled for no reason Ken you know that. I had an emergency surgery that I needed to handle on all three occasions not just because I didn't feel like coming out with you. You know how work gets sometimes." Kendall scoffed "yeah I know work is more important to you Y/N you've made that clear" I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out where the hell this animosity was coming from. "You know that's not true at all Kendall" was all I could muster up.