"Don't act all tough." All I said was ok. Was that suppose to be tough or...? Did he want me to cower in fear or something? I will admit I did at first when this harassment all started, but now it's all just, boring. The same thing everyday. It's easier to accept that this won't stop and move on rather than living in fear everyday. It's my own fault really I mean look at me I'm practically asking for it, or at least that's what I've been told.

"Ok." I was hoping if I showed little interest he'd leave me alone. Instead he did the opposite. He picked me up by my collar so that we were at eye level.

"Listen up you little fag I don't want to hear your smart mouth again or-" Hayato was suddenly cut off my a familiar voice.

"Hayato?"

"Kuroo!" I was quickly dropped to my feet and Hayato turned away to face the tall bedhead boy. Kuroo walked over looking rather angry.

"So do you pick on people for fun or...? Cause I'm sure my father would love to hear about my little sisters boyfriends hobby." Kuroo smirked devilishly at the slightly shorter boy.

"Oh no you've got the wrong idea," Hayato began to explain. "He's a fag." He said it as if that was suppose to justify his reasoning. Suddenly my stomach began to twist as Kuroo looked over at me confused. I didn't even think about it, but what if Kuroo sided with Hayato. They didn't seem like friends but people around here weren't the most accepting. I never really thought of myself as gay, I never really thought of romance at all though, but the rumor began and quickly got out of hand. It didn't matter to me, gay or not I don't care, but I've just never really had anyone that I liked or anyone at all for that matter.

"Whatever," Kuroo said looking back at Hayato. "My sisters waiting for you by the lunch room." With that Hayato hurried off leaving Kuroo and I alone. Normally I wouldn't care what people thought about me, but for some reason the idea of Kuroo not being friends with me over something so trivial scared me. It's best to prepare myself now so I'm less upset. I mentally prepared for Kuroo to curse me out and leave but it never happened. Instead he looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "Sorry." I looked up at him confused and he smiled at me softly, not like his stupid smirk he does sometimes. "Come on let's go eat."

He pulled me along towards the library and we sat at a small table in the back corner. I pulled out my phone, since I didn't have my Switch today, while he pulled out a small bento box.

"Your wearing makeup." Kuroo commented, I'm not sure if he was stating a fact or asking a question.

"Yeah." Luckily he left it at that, I assumed he would question me on the bruises from the other night but he didn't. Maybe he knew I didn't want to talk about it. A brief moment of silence consumed us before he broke it.

"No food again?" He asked looking at me tap away at my phone.

"I'm busy." Silence fell over us for a few minutes while Kuroo ate and I played my game. It wasn't nearly as fun as my Switch but it'll do.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." Kuroo said eventually breaking the silence. I looked up at him confused as to what he was talking about. "You know what Hayato said to you, no one should call you that." I shrugged my shoulders and went back to my game.

"It's whatever it doesn't matter."

"It does though Kenma you shouldn't have to put up with that." Kuroo sounded genuinely mad this time I shut off my game completely to give him my full attention which I rarely did.

"They do it all the time." I said as if to justify why I felt like it didn't matter. I mean if I got worked up about it every time they called me that I would never not be upset, and that's no way to live. Silence followed again, I think Kuroo didn't exactly know what to say to that although I wouldn't either to be fair.

"Is it.. true?" He asked staring at me with a sad look. I can't tell if he's sad it may be true or if he's sad that they're bullying me for it. I don't know what came over me, usually I'd just lie my way out of these types of situation, but for some reason I didn't want to lie to Kuroo.

"I don't know... maybe." Suddenly I felt nervous, like I was scared of what he'd think of me. Which is strange cause I never cared before so why would I know, what was so special about him?

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just never really around people so I don't know." I tried my best to explain without fumbling over my words. "Maybe I am." I scanned his face to make sure he wasn't disgusted or anything, luckily he didn't seem to be. He had that same soft smile on his face again.

Kuroo's POV

For some reason knowing that Kenma might be gay made me happy. After everything Suga and Oikawa told me and after spending time with him things started to make a bit more sense. He was really pretty and I really enjoyed spending time with him. Normally it'd end there but now that the idea has been planted in my head by my two friends my thoughts have begun to twist and contort. To the point where I want nothing more than to just hug the boy in front of me and comfort him and tell him that everything they said didn't matter.

"Are you?" He asked pulling me from my thoughts which were focused on him.

"Am I what?" I asked unsure of what he was talking about, I might've gotten a little bit distracted.

"Gay." I tensed up a bit. I don't exactly know if I'm gay, I mean I like girls and I've never really liked boys but now being with Kenma everything a bit different. Yeah maybe I haven't liked boys in the past but I think I like Kenma, even if I couldn't admit it to myself in the past.

"Yeah." I smiled at him and noticed him trying to hide his own smile a bit, which I wish he wouldn't do. I don't think I've ever seen him smile much which is a shame. If Kenma can deal with the bullying then I can too, fuck my parents they can say whatever they want.

"Hey Kuroo," I centered my attention on the quiet boy in front of me. "Do you want to watch me skate later?"

.
.
.
.
(1959 words)