木漏れ日 (Sunbeam through the leaves)

Deciding to wake up earlier than usual felt pretty good. Perhaps trying to do that more often would cure your awful sleeping habits. Jokes aside, there was no one at home which left a bunch of options available.

Business trips often left you feeling lonely but it was something to deal with. Going out to take a breath of fresh air would be smart and a good change of environment, but showering is number one on the list, yay.

It actually feels good to shower after getting in, but before that the thought of having to get up is exhausting.

That was why you found yourself heading off to the shower to feel refreshed, and yes it was a bad habit of yours to sing in the shower. Honestly, you go girl! Having a voice like your own is goals. It was something that took a lot of practice to stabilize but overall the vocal range you have is amazing.

A little baby bird still new to the world
Bruised and hurt, it glares at the sky
Those other birds flying in low altitude
Just let them laugh away
They'll never get to say that they were right

It was soothing and no one could judge you.

After that, (Name) decided on a jacket that she'd wear on top of her uniform. Looking good so far... but something's missing.

Oh yeah, breakfast.

If the girl didn't have any food, let's just say it'd be a scary sight for everyone else. Putting on your shoes and opening the door, it was time to head out for a morning walk.
____________________________________
It was around 4 am, and wow that's really early. Still around an hour left before 'secret' morning practice will happen, so you're good to go. It was obvious that Sugawara figured out what they had planned, it was written all over his face.

Deciding to be productive, you had your phone out scrolling down on twitter and looking for new memes. Amazing, right? Don't lie everyone's done the same thing at least once during the day.

Looking up, the teenager sighed. So much litter all over the ground, do people not have the decency to at least pick up after themselves?

Gosh, she remembered the number of times her teachers in school explained the negative effects of littering, yet most of her former classmates didn't listen and continued to add on to the increasing amount of plastic waste.

Bending down to grab the trash, another hand stopped her own. Oh, this feels like those accidental shoujo anime scenes where the girl slaps the boy for touching them.

Nah, this guy is lucky you aren't a tsundere! It's kinda cringe if a character isn't done well during the show, but you're a cool girl, and most of your homies are guys.

"Sorry... I didn't see your hand there." He sounded and appeared... tired, was he alright?

"Don't worry about it my guy, it's all good." Clearly, this guy thought you were gonna slap him, but you turned out to be cool with it. Maybe, making a friend out of school is smart! Yeah, just one. Mhm, totally.

"I'm (Last name) (Name), first year at Karasuno. It's nice to meet you, stranger." Wait a minute. Wait a god damn minute.

Was this guy checking you out? It's a bad habit of yours to tease people, but this guy wasn't even trying to be slick so it's what he asked for. "Hm, are you liking the view? My face is up here, sweetie."

"H-huh? S-sorry I didn't mean to! Not that I was or anything... I'm Kunimi Akira, first year at Aoba Johsai."

Aw, this guy seemed cute as hell. Teaching him to be smooth would be smart though.

"Well Kunimi-kun, welcome to my ted talk." Yes, this was how you talked to strangers.

"B-but we don't eve-"

"Who cares?"

"Um, I-"

"No."

"Fine!" Poor Akira was way too flustered by this. He didn't even know you but... you were pretty and nice? The last part was questionable.

"Okay, let's begin with the basics. When you're trying to impress a girl-"

Taking this guy under your wing was smart, and no regrets were held by both.
____________________________________

After teaching the guy some useful tricks, you both headed out to your destinations. Of course, not without exchanging numbers. Kunimi probably changed his mind about you, but it's all good.

Arriving at the gym at exactly 5 am was a good idea. Both Shoyo and Tobio seemed to be trying to get in. Didn't they have the key though? Shoot, Tanaka probably had it. Where in the world was that guy when you needed him. "Hey blueberry and tangerine, where's Tanaka-san?"

"AHHHHHHH!" They both screamed, clearly not expecting you.

Ahh, they're morons, and pretty much share one brain cell. It would be dumb of you to expect any better from them. It was kinda irritating that they couldn't get along, though.

"Dudes? You good?" The girl waved slightly to ease their worries.

"(Name)-chan you're here!" No duh. You're in Atlanta, obviously.

"Sure, what's going on, are you getting into an argument again? Cause I won't hesitate to karate-chopping someone today-"

"N-no! It's just that the gym is locked."

"Oh well. He'll be here in 3...2...1" It was a prediction of yours, but there was a chance it'd work.

"Tanaka-san!" You're a psychic confirmed.

"(Name)-chan are you here to watch your amazing senpai?!" He didn't even think twice before going over to you, it was funny. "Yeah, whatever you say Tanaka-senpai." Clearly, it slipped out by accident, maybe he didn't hear it?

"She called me senpai! I've been blessed!" A nose bleed, again.

"Okay moving on. Tanaka-san you have the keys right? Since you're such a great senpai, how about opening up the gym!" The two idiots watched on slightly amused at how simple it was for you to talk with the upperclassman.

"Ahaha! I'm the best senpai. Make sure to clear out before 7 am!"

"Thank you Tanaka-senpai!"

This was with no doubt going to be the most tiring day in your life... then again that's what you say every day and it ends up being replaced by another day.

I'm sorry this chapter kinda sucks, but I have a bunch of new fanfic ideas! I'm gonna have this story as my main though. We met Kunimi in this chapter, and he is best boy, there needs to be more appreciation for him. >:D