ぼけっと (Daydream longingly)

I'm sorry if the beginning of this chapter is a bit of an off puter, but for character development to occur (Name) needs to be given some sort of character clarification! I hope that's okay, she'll start properly interacting with the club in the following chapters :D

After exchanging numbers with Kiyoko, (Name) decided to take a small walk before heading off to the gym. It was really pretty outside and even someone like herself that didn't like expressing that many emotions would admit it.

This time around the year had a motivating aura. Maybe it was the cherry blossoms that were everywhere. Cherry blossoms did mean a lot to the girl, they held a great significance to her; a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life. Though they only lasted for a short while, their beauty sure is undeniable. The flourishing blossoms conveyed different sorts of emotions towards the young (Last name).

It really wasn't that she preferred to be alone, it was because being by herself held a comfort of some sort and that was partly why the pink petals were alluring towards her.

When they fell on the ground, it was a new path opened up that had to be figured out alone with no other help. Growing up she felt insecure about how no one would be the first to approach her and that was where two new friends came in.

The only problem was... what were their names? Oinkawa... something and Iwa-chan? It was frustrating to think that people you enjoyed most of your childhood with could be forgotten so easily. Perhaps that was why befriending people was somewhat triggering.

How could some people forget that there always is an end to the path you take. Whether it was a road you decide to take in an attempt of forgetting bad memories or to make new memories. It was hard.

(Name) knew that her backstory wasn't dramatic in any way, but there were things that upset her. She had a loving step-mother and a kind father, a younger brother that she cared for as well, but what about her mother. No, mother dearest was most certainly alive but they didn't keep in contact as much. She missed the warmth of being a child, though it's a part of the human cycle to continue on, it's hard to think of growing up.

Music meant a lot. She recalled the way her mother would sing a lullaby to her and softly strum the guitar strings. It was satisfying to feel the reassurance of things going alright from a grown-up, but alas things weren't always as seen from the perspective of a child.

Her parents weren't on bad conditions, but staying as friends was what they chose to do and it was heartbreaking for a seven-year-old that believed in happy endings. Fairytales often mentioned happy endings and a common thing was that the progress between the heroine and hero never went into detail.

Did the prince really stay true to what he said in the 'Cinderella' movie, how could we be sure that he never doubted his choices? Did Cinderella go with the prince because she loved him or rather because of the power he held?

(Name) decided that putting her guard up at a young age was smart. Was it a good idea in her book? Yeah, but did she know where that would lead her? No. Whenever she tried to bring up things that were enjoyable to her, it was made a topic to laugh at. Not once was the girl taken seriously.

Her only friends' were around two grades above her own, that didn't make dealing with annoying classmates any easier. Fitting into standards was common among the younger generation, to feel welcome you had to be similar in most ways and it was hard.

(Last name) remembered the way others would mock her for things she didn't have control over.

Don't get her wrong, she never saw herself as any less than her current self, but back then only the 'pretty girls' were allowed to do things the way they wanted.

She wasn't pretty, not until puberty hit her at least.

That was when faith in the world really was lost, people approached her because of one reason. Not so they could bond over things shared in common but rather for her appearance. It was disgusting to think, people never taught their children to not judge based on looks. Not having any food to eat? She would get food given by others. It was stupid.

Before, having differences and being quirky wasn't seen as cool. It was seen as weird. The (H/c) girl remembered how she had a diary that was once read by the teacher to the whole class, and oh boy was it humiliating. As if it weren't already hard enough to make friends.

Her mother was a guitarist and the lead singer to a band and that gave (Name) a way of learning to play multiple instruments and singing of course was picked up as a habit.

Not that she'd admit it to anyone, but if anyone shared an interest in music they'd officially become her best friend.

Unlike her mum, she decided on the piano. It was fun to play and for once she let her emotions be conveyed freely. Maybe her joyful ending had yet to be decided at the time but after an argument with her guardians, she couldn't help but feel helpless.

After hearing that her father wanted to remarry, her fingers couldn't play the same tune they once could. She wasn't happy. Her stepmother was a gorgeous woman, caring, loving, and everything... (Name) wasn't.

This person that had come into her life recently was able to steal away the happy ending she wanted for her biological birth giver. It wasn't fair and being her younger self she decided to stop trying altogether. Focusing on academics was her new priority.

Due to the lack of socializing, the girl drifted away from her friends. They didn't try reaching out (or so she thought.)

Volleyball. Her father played the sport. Why did everything end up connecting to it? It was annoying. He never forced her to play it but it was there haunting her. A volleyball in the store? It felt like it was calling out. Volleyball during PE classes? Libero it was. Receiving was hard and painful. It wasn't made for someone such as herself and that was why dropping the sport altogether was done.

(Name) hadn't realized that whilst daydreaming she was also on her way to bumping into a beanpole.

"Ouch, that hurt..." She looked up to see a blonde guy staring at her.

"Your fault for being stupid. How about you check your eyesight."

Oh, that was it, this guy is so rude!

"Um... you're the one with glasses... no offense to anyone that wears glasses but, yeah..." Arguments aren't your thing, so if this guy could kindly piss off it would be lovely-

"You." Was he having malfunctioning problems? Who goes to someone and says 'you' after being salty.

"I have a name thank you very much. I'm (Last name) (Name), I'd say nice to meet you but you're really pissing me off."

Maybe he'd leave now? You really were bad at guessing eh.

"Tch, Tsukishima... Kei." To say he was intrigued would be an understatement. He had no idea who you were yet being this casual seemed like a usual thing. Kei was expecting the conversation to be over then and there but you just had to open your mouth-

"Welp, nice to meet you Tsukishima Hotaru."

You weren't dumb, in Japanese 'Kei' also had a way of being read as Hotaru, so this would be your way of pissing him off. Heh, take that you overgrown beanpole! Geez. Before he could say anything else you decided that it was time to leave. "Bye four eyes. Bleh!"

You were pretty, he'd admit that but one thing for sure was that you had a foul mouth. Not that he's one to talk. "(Last name)... where have I heard that name before?" There it clicked in his mind! Wasn't that the singer that had retired a while back? He'd make sure to go back to his playlist to check.

I'm so sorry, I know this chapter is a bit out of context... but we finally met Saltyshima and he also likes music... is that a new friendship coming? By the way, the concept of this book has to do with (Name) disliking the fact that no matter what a person wants, things do come to an end, hence why the name of this book is 'Finifugal.' The meaning of this word means; to hate endings or someone who tries to avoid the final moment of a story/journey/relationship.

Feel free to comment on any additional moments you'd like me to include with your favorite character! I had fun writing this chapter hehehe :D