Chapter 3

Sonic suddenly saw somebody and got angry, "I gotta go, stay at the hammock!" Sonic yelled, a little stern, "Sorry kid, but who I'm dealing with isn't nice..." Sonic apologized. Tails looked as Sonic flew to West Side Island, "I know I shouldn't follow him, but I wanna help" Tails said to himself. Tails flew to West Side Island, hiding behind the plane.. Sonic dropped out, Tails following him. "Wait? What are you doing here, little bro!?" Sonic asked, surprised. "I know it sounds crazy, but I wanna help." Tails said. "Uh.. alright, just stay behind me though, okay..?" Sonic asked as a favour. "Okay, Sonic" Tails said. They ran towards Emerald Hill.. getting ready for a brawl...

They went through many challenging zones.. Oil Ocean, Metropolis, Casino Night. Tails could barely keep up.. But luckily, he did. Until suddenly, they saw a fortress in the sky. "Um.. what should we do, little bro?" Sonic asked, a little worried. "We fly!" Tails yelled, an idea sparking. "What do you mean.." Sonic asked.. "We fly in the biplane!" Tails said. "Oh! I'll get in the pilots seat!" Sonic yelled. "No! I'll pilot, you fight off the badniks!" Tails yelled, now used to the names, "badnik" and "eggman".

Sonic and Tails ran to the plane. Tails hopped in the pilot's seat. Sonic hopped on the standing biplane position, beginning Sky Chase. Tails looked, and got to see the fortress up close. But before he got wiped down with lasers from the fortress, "AHH!" Tails yelled getting knocked down. "JUMP SONIC!!" Tails yelled. Sonic jumped, the last Tails saw of Sonic at that time was him running toward the fortress. "I hope he succeeds..." Tails said, worried as he flew down.

Later, Tails saw Eggman getting away from a plane. Tails jumped back on the Tornado and caught Sonic right before he jumped. Sonic latched onto the Death Egg. Tails flew down again, not being able to fly to his seat.

It took time, Tails worrying the whole way through. Then suddenly, he and his animal friends saw a great explosion. Tails flew his biplane, knowing he had to catch Sonic. And he succeeded. But Sonic was... yellow? He realized.. The power of the chaos emeralds they had collected through their journey. Sonic smiled at Tails and gave him a thumbs-up "You know, you'd be a good sidekick, and a good friend. "

Tails smiled, knowing they had a good future between them. Later, they befriended Knuckles, who got tricked by Eggman into thinking they stole the Master Emerald, and they became Team Sonic, but Tails didn't really care about the name. They were good friends, Tails knew the second he left his jerky family, that was his best choice.

They became their modern selves, it had been 4 or so years since Tails left his family, and he's been happier, more positive, guess you got to have the right people in your life, and Sonic and Knuckles (kinda) were his role models, they were way older than he was. Tails smiled.. His future was gonna be a good one.

THE END