2/13

When the group found out about the barn, it went even worse than you had expected.

You were working in the pen near the barn when you saw them gathering outside the barn's door, trying to look inside without opening it as if they knew what was inside. They began to loudly argue and you decided to approach them, trying to calm the situation down before Hershel knew what was going on and kicked them out of his land, sending all them to a world of monsters, including who you think could potentially be Maggie's boyfriend.

You regretted going to them pretty soon. When the tall, big man, Shane you thought was his name, spotted you he rushed to you with so much fire in his eyes, face red and angry, that you recoiled from him.

"You knew this?!" He yelled at you. "What the hell is this?! Are you all insane here?!"

You gaped at him like a fish out of water, the memory of another angry, yelling man springing into your mind.

"I...I..."

"You what?! What kind of people keep those things in their house?!" He yelled at you, getting in your face.

"Shane!"

Rick, Carl's father, grabbed Shane's arm and dragged him away from you but Shane pushed him away roughly, though the others stepped in the middle before they could start fighting, and finally Shane stormed away, the blond woman following him and calling his name as if trying to stop him.

You felt everyone's eyes in you and you realized that you were shaking.

"I...I'm very sorry about this." Rick apologized and you nodded but were unable to say anything and he turned towards his group. "I'm going to talk with Hershel about all this...don't...don't do anything before I come back."

You could have told him that there was no point talking to Hershel, that for him those monsters were his sick family, that they'd have to learn to live with it if they wanted to stay...but you still couldn't find your voice.

You wanted to go back to the house, to your room, but you looked at the direction towards Shane had gone, not wanting to see him again, afraid he'd start shouting again and demanding explanations you couldn't give.

"I'll walk with you to the house, I wanted to talk with Patricia about a couple recipes," Carol told you. She and the man with the shoulder scars were watching you, and you nodded.

"How can you live with those things there?" She asked you softly while you walked and you shrugged.

"Isn't my call, I'm just a guest...but I have nightmares in which they break loose and eat me."

"There's...there's a lot of them around?" Carol asked you and you knew she was thinking about her little girl lost in the woods surrounded by monsters.

"No, I don't think so...I'm not sure..."

"My little girl...she's out there..." Her voice broke and you bit your lip, wishing you had any comfort to offer, but you hadn't. "Or maybe no...maybe she's not out there anymore...maybe she..."

"Hey, you...you had a lead on where she is, right?" You cut her off awkwardly, not sure of what to say but not wanting to see her like that.

"Daryl found her doll." Carol nodded, sniffing. So the man was called Daryl. "But Shane...Shane said that by now she's dead."

"Well, I don't know Shane but I'd venture to say he's an idiot."

"He might be right, though, she's been out there for days..." Carol shook her head helplessly while you stayed there awkwardly, unsure of what to do. She noticed and gave you a sad smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to vent to you...just...you looked scared and I wanted to tell you Shane might be an idiot sometimes but he won't do anything to you."