Virgil smirked back quietly and nodded. "You got it."

Janus was outside, with Logan, walking through the gardens and was fruitlessly trying to start a decent conversation with the other but Logan just wasn't interested. It was infuriating, honestly. How could he not be interested? Janus was incredibly interesting and he thought the nerd would love to hear about all the gemstones Janus had managed to get built into his brooch.

"And then the big crystal in the middle is topaz," Janus said, pointing to it happily. "A weird fact about topaz is that it's one of the hardest natural substances and is the hardest of any silicate mineral. Oh, and it's a silicate mineral of aluminium and fluorine, by the way, in case you didn't know."

Logan made a grunting noise, reading his large book. Janus scowled and kept going.

He pointed to another gemstone. "This one's fluorite but loads of people call it fluorspar, which is a stupid name for a gem. It's a halide mineral, you know. I originally wanted a pure one but those are transparent, so you wouldn't be able to see it well and what's the point of pretty things if you can't see them?"

Still, Logan wasn't interested. Janus didn't get how. Gems and crystals were beautiful and perfect, like his sisters and his parents. Unscratched, unblemished, colourful and cold, with perfect edges and no chips. Swallowing, Janus was about to talk about a necklace he had received, with a beautiful spinel gemstone as the centrepiece, when someone to the nobles' left whistled at them in a way that implied... attraction.

Janus and Logan both looked up to face the stables. Janus had never visited his stables - horses weren't his thing - so he had never seen the boy leaning over the fence, who was grinning coyly at them.

"I'm sorry," Logan said, with a well-cut edge to his words. "Do you want anything?"

The boy nodded and pointed directly at Janus. "I want the hot one in my bed tonight, please."

Janus stared, wide-eyed and stunned, mouth slightly open. He could feel his cheeks getting warmer and hotter and his body didn't want to move. His brain couldn't form a coherent sentence, yet his mouth was determined to say something but all he managed to do was make a little spluttering noise.

Logan blinked, obviously quite surprised but a glimmer in his eyes showed his amusement. "You can have him, if you want."

The boy from the stables grinned and leaned forwards on the fence. "What's your name, pretty boy?" He cooed.

At that, Janus hurriedly collected himself. He subconsciously rushed his hand through his hair, sweeping it back, and fixed the stable boy a harsh mismatched glare, remembering who he was. "How dare you speak to me like that," He huffed, sounding less powerful then he wished he would. "I am not just something you can pass around, you know, I am far too good for it and you should damn well remember that."

"I'll damn well not pass you around, you're too hot!" The boy smirked, looking Janus up and down quickly. "And you didn't answer my question, sweetheart."

"I-I d-don't need to associate myself with-with the likes of you," Janus stammered, feeling his face go red to his ears, knowing full well that Logan stood next to him, smiling at his embarrassment.

"Well, I need to associate myself with the likes of you, darling. In a very intimate way. I need to be associated with you hard all night if you get what I mean." And the coy bastard winked at him.

Janus made a small noise of flustered rage and resisted the urge to stamp his foot impatiently. "Shut up or- I'll make you!"

The stable boy smiled. "That's kinky, pretty boy. Are you gonna shut me up with your mouth or your dick?"

Logan, at this point, actually let out a short laugh as Janus struggled to answer. He'd never seen Janus at such a loss for words - usually, the brat always had something to say and he'd let everyone know it. Now? Well, now he was red in the face, stammering and, best of all, flustered, with no idea how to shut down these advances. It was, Logan freely admitted, incredibly amusing.

Janus, however, did not find it so amusing. He was supposed to be like a jewel, shaking off this dirt like nothing, yet all he could do was stammer and fumble over his words. It didn't help that Logan had just laughed at him, like he was a joke. Janus balled his fists, feeling frustration, annoyance and petty hate overtake his system.

His face changed to match his mood, with a glare and a small snarl, as he snapped, "Whatever, you're not worth my time," And he turned abruptly, storming off in the direction he had originally been heading, ignoring the other twos surprise at his outburst.

Behind him, he could hear the stable boy shout out, "H-Hey, wait," and Logan call out his name in surprise. Despite this, he didn't stop or turn around. He kept walking ahead as quickly as he could, fermenting in his fury. He should have just told the boy to fuck off, or at least coyly turn the tables on him. He should've been in control, not some random servant. It made his blood boil, thinking that someone so below him would disregard his status and still manage to make him flustered and embarrassed. It just wasn't right.

Janus curled his hands into fists, swallowing back his anger as he tried to calm down, and focused on one of the rings on his fingers. He tapped each jewel, murmuring its name under his breath, slowing down so Logan could catch up.

When he did, Janus didn't look up to face him.

"That was quite rude," Logan said firmly, striding alongside him.

"I don't care," Sniffed Janus. "He shouldn't have spoken to me like that."

Logan arched an eyebrow. "Because he's a servant?"

Janus pulled back slightly. "N-No, I don't care that he's a servant! It was just- impolite and rude and uncomfortable!"

Logan obviously didn't buy Janus's' defence. "God, you are so artificial. I doubt he even knew you were the Lord's' son, you shouldn't have been so rude."

"Well, I don't know how he didn't!" Janus said, actually surprised. "I don't dress like this to be mistaken for some farmer boy, you know! Honestly, when was the last time you saw some market town whore dressed like this? My gems, for one, are far too expensive, not to mention my sense of style is easily superior."

Logan sighed, uninterested in Janus's' complaints. He simply pulled out his book again, blocking out the other noble, and read. He couldn't wait to go home.