Lucky

"What? What did I do? I didn't do anything! Please!" The young boy cried out, Vernon standing in front of him, chest heaving and nostrils flaring. He looked like a bull in a ring, a bull ready to charge with horns pointed towards him. 

Vernon had stormed into Harry's pathetic excuse for a room, flicking the lock and startling the boy awake with words of anger and hatred. Harry sat up in a panic, he easily felt the panic begin like a cluster of spark plugs in his malnourished abdomen. Tension grew in his face and limbs as he stiffened, his mind replaying the last attack from this beast of a man. However, this felt like it was going to be worse than that, much, much worse. Especially after such a pleasant nights sleep. The dream he had was filled with happiness and love. This was the very opposite of that. His breathing became more rapid, more shallow. Harry shuffled himself backwards; pushing his body into the corner of the small room. 

Vernon scoffed at how pathetic Harry looked. He wanted to kill him but that would just be letting him off too kindly. He wanted to see the pain in his eyes and watch him bleed. Maybe bringing close to death but not completely and let infection, pain and blood loss brin him to deaths door. He chuckled maliciously. What a sight that would be. It would be revenge but also fun. He hated the boy anyway and it wouldn't be anything new. The only new would be the force of the pain and the out come. 

"Get up!" Vernon spat but Harry seemed to be taking too long for his liking. It was dificult standing when your body is littered in wounds of all sizes and shapes. It didn't help that he could never eat either. "I said get the fuck up."

With a whimper, Harry's hair was grabbed roughly and he was quickly pulled to his feet. Pain stung through his body like a wasp's sting. Vernon dragged Harry out of the cupboard by his hair and got shoved back to the ground. Vernon's face was one of disgust, like touching Harry was the most vile thing he could ever touch. His eyes were narrowed but behind them was pain. He hated Harry but already he missed Dudley's annoying spoilt behaviour. That pain just fueled his anger like oxygen to a flame. 

Harry quickly scrambled to his feet, it clear it was quite the struggle. He had to bite through the pain, if he didn't he knew Vernon would just get angrier. As soon as he was up, his hair was once again grabbed and he was pulled up the stairs. Harry's eyes widened and he began to frail about, kicking and tugging in order to get out of the others grip. He had never been up here before and fear of the unknown settled in. The pair almost fell down the stairs but Vernon wasn't having any of it. He slammed Harry's face into the wooden stairs and almost growled. 

"Stop that!" he snarled and began dragging him up the stairs once again. Harry's face now bled and his cheek bone had already began bruising a deep purple. 

No longer did he struggle, he hung his head and let himself be dragged. His mind swirling through the possible reasons Vernon was bringing him up here. He knew Vernon had said that he did something but wouldn't tell him what. Something told Harry he was about to find out. He shivered at the thought and just awaited his punishment. They reached the top of the stairs and without any sort of regard for Harry's wellbeing he dragged him along the ground by his thin and dirty hair. It had a greasy feel and was thinning with each passing day. 

Harry closed his eyes, letting the memories of the dream seap into his thoughts. He wanted nothing more than to be rid of these people, to be loved and cared for. He wanted to feel safe. The reminisance of the dream quickly ended as he was thrown into a room that was filled with sobs. Sobs that weren't his own. Harry slowly opened his eyes, his brows knitted together in confusion. 

What he saw he didn't expect. There Dudley was, laying in Petunia's arms clearly dead. Part of Harry saw him as lucky but the other part of him felt for Petunia. As much as Dudly was a horrible boy, he was still just that. He had a life ahead of him and it wasn't fair. Harry looked around and saw the words. He frowned a little and looked up to Vernon who was glaring down at him. 

"y-you think I did this?" He asked and Vernon could have turned into a predator then and there. He glared at Harry and grabbed his hair to lift him. 

"You did!" Vernon snapped. "This has you written all over it."

"But I di-"

"Get him out of here Vernon, I don't want him here," Petunia said through the crying, her voice dry and croaky. Vernon did as he was told; dragging Harry back out of the room. It was the beginging of his fun and Harry's pain. 

There was a scream as Harry flew down the stairs, his body hitting the steps and cracks echoing through the walls of the house as bones broke and dislocated. Harry laid at the bottom, silent. Sometimes the pain crushes you- it leaves you incapable of everything. It leaves you broken- in and out. The tears won't roll down, and the screams won't escape past your quivering lips. The hallucinations would come, but they'd not allow you to react and let the steam go. They'd force the steam to keep burning you, staining you. Harry seemed to be just like that. His head pounded and there seemed to be two fat men bumbling down the stairs instead of one. 

Tough times do last, Harry knew that better than anyone. Tough people don't last, at first he showed a tough face but he couldn't handle it anymore. The pain was too much. Some really face pain- unspoken, and terrible. One sending disgusting shivers down your spine. Some pain, which makes you want to shatter everything in vision, because you can't stand something perfect near your broken soul. They are the ones who really don't come out of dramas, novellas and films. The pain is real, and so is the agony. The perfection would be death but Harry didn't want death. He wanted to live his life safe and protected. 

It was clear Vernon wasn't going to let that happen for him. Vernon made his way down the steps and grabbed Harry. The pain only amplified as he was taken down to the basement. Harry's whole body ached and he felt his head spining and wanted to throw up. 

"You are going to wish you never hurt my boy," 

Harry was scared, more scared he had been in a while. He whimpered as he was dropped to the ground. He shook his head and tried to get away but he couldn't. His eyes watered and he opened his mouth to speak but it was too late. Vernon knocked him out with one smooth punch, leaving his body limp. Vernon grinned. He could now do anything he wanted to him. He wanted to see blood, he wanted to see open flesh. He wanted Harry to feel more pain than humanely possible.

____________________________________________

A/N - I saw you guys liked my first chapter so here is another one for you! Let me know what you think!