thirty-nine.

Six months later.
March 7th.

"So, long story short, I'm gettin' married!" Nana said with a huge grin on her face. "I really wish ya'll ca' be hea' to see us. We would take you all the way ta' Jamaica wit' us—I know mama wanted ta' go so bad," she sighed. "But, I know y'all gon be thea' watchin' me and your son in law, he the best thing that happened to me in a long time. Thank y'all fa' sendin' me my angel. He's perfect," she smiled, looking over at Yasir who was seated at Etta Mae's headstone.

"Yeah, I did it. I'm gon marry Na'imah. She perfect, I never knew nobody more perfect in my life, I can't picture this life without her, she made me a better man, Maw. And I ca' only thank you fa' giving me dat blessing. I wish you was here to see me get married, but I hope you know I'm makin' you proud, I love you," he smiled slightly and stood up, dusting his pants off to meet Nana.

Their wedding was in three days, and their flight to Jamaica left tonight. They were following Grim and Sev's lead, and getting married internationally, making more memories overseas.

"Ready, Papa?" she asked as she stood up herself. They wanted to make sure to pay their loved ones a visit before one of the most important days of their lives, so they left an hour early just to make it to the cemetery before their flight.

"Mhm, you ready?" he reached for her left hand that donned her engagement ring shining in the sun. "We finna get married, baby," he chuckled in disbelief. He was the one who proposed and he was having a hard time grasping the fact that she was about to be his wife—forever.

"We are! I can't wait till you see my dress," she sighed dreamily. "You gon cry? Because I am," she giggled as they made it to the car.

"I'on know 'bout allat. I don't cry too much, bae. You know dat," he chuckled, pulling off. "I know yo' lil crybaby ass gon be a mess,"

"I'm not a crybaby," she protested. "You jus' make me emotional," she mumbled.

"Awww," he cooed teasingly, reaching over to pinch her cheek and she laughed, smacking his hand away. "You so cute, bae,"

"I know," she stuck her tongue out at him. "Can we stop at Ms. Delores' sto'? I want some snacks fa' the flight I can't be paying fa' no expensive plane food," she shook her head.

"Na'imah you love actin' like I'm some broke ass nigga," he chuckled. "If you want food on the plane I'm gon get it,"

"I know you not broke, Papa. I'm not either, but if I have snacks, we'on gotta get it. Plus, I want some candy," she told him and he nodded, turning in the direction of the store.

Once there, they both entered, saying hi to Ms. Delores. She immediately walked the isles, remembering when she had to come here and just look at the things she wanted, not even being able to think about buying them—and barely having enough money to buy what she came in the store for. She was eternally grateful for the changes in her life.