17. In sickness and in health

Start from the beginning

"I think, I should just go back to bed" you sighed sitting up. You stood up, feeling a rush of vertigo. Your vision blurred and everything went completely black. You staggered back, then collapsed to the floor, and lost consciousness.

When you opened your eyes again, Spencer was kneeling down next to you and Rossi was on the phone, the rest of the team were all looking down at you, Penelope looked terrified. Your head ached and your vision was still blurred.

"What happened?" you asked rubbing your head

"You passed out" Spencer explained

"Oh" you mumbled.
"Can I sit up?"

"No, stay still, Rossi is on the phone to the doctor" Spencer informed you, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"I'm probably fine... It's probably because I haven't eaten much"

"Yeah, but let's just make sure everything's ok" Spencer whispered

"Can I at least lie is bed, this floor is uncomfortable" you mumbled making Derek laugh.
"I value my comfort greatly" you mention looking up at your muscly friend.

"I guess so, Derek could you, my arms are tired" Spencer asked. Derek sighed, picked you up and took you back up stairs with Spencer following.

The doctor arrived a couple of minutes later, escorted by some other agents, they would have taken you to the hospital and they would if the doctor thought you were ill enough, but no one wanted you to leave the house, because it would put you and the rest of the team in danger.

You explained to the doctor your symptoms, and almost immediately he asked you to pee in a cup, which you hated to do because you always ended up peeing on your hand at some point, and today was no different, in fact recently you had been peeing like a race horse which just made peeing a cup even more difficult. Once you had handed him back the cup, he did a few tests then turned to you and Spencer and smiled softly.

"I know what's wrong with you" he announced.
"You're pregnant"

"I-I... I'm sorry what?" you asked, your breath hitching in your throat.

"You're pregnant" The doctor repeated.

"N-No I can't be, I have the injection"

"When was the last time you got it?" the doctor asked

"I-I um- o-oh" you suddenly realised.
"I-I forgot to get it updated"

"Then that is why you're pregnant" The doctor chuckled. Anxiously you looked over at Spencer who was staring at the wall, until you snapped him back to reality.

"Spence... I-I'm pregnant" you mumbled

"I know.. so... you're pregnant" he muttered

"Mhm... I'm pregnant"

"You're pregnant"

"I'm pregnant"

"You're... pregnant"

"I-I think I'm going to have a panic attack" you sighed putting your hand on your heart feeling it begin to beat faster and faster.

"We'll be ok" Spencer assured you

"H-How?! L-Look a-at th-the s-situation w-we're i-in, th-this i-isn't th-the r-right t-time" You stuttered as your breathing picked up.

"Y/n take deep breaths, you're ok, we'll figure it out, but right now, I'm going to need you to breathe with me... Can you do that?" Spencer asked, you nodded and followed his breathing, slowing your heart and breathing rate down again.

"Ma'am I'm going to get my portable ultra-sound machine from my car, and I'll get you a prescription drug to help with the morning sickness. How does that sound?" The doctor asked.

"Y-Yeah... S-Sounds g-great" you stuttered, smiling nervously up at him. The he left the room, leaving both you and Spencer sitting there is shock.
"Do I look pregnant?" you asked Spencer lifting up you shirt. He tilted his head to the side and looked at your stomach.

"Nope, but we don't know how far gone you are, maybe you're only 8 days pregnant" Spencer pointed out.
"But you can't really tell until you're 12 weeks and even then the bump is barely noticeable"

"I don't have pregnancy clothes" You realised

"We might get out of here before the bump gets big and then we can go shopping. And if we are here for a long time, then we can get some agents to get you some clothes, and you can wear my clothes in the mean time" Spencer suggested.

"I guess" you sighed. When the doctor came back upstairs, he put the cold gel on your stomach, then moved the paddle around your abdomen.

"There you go" he stated almost immediately looking at the small screen, Spencer leaned over and observed the screen too.

"That's not an 8 day old baby" he muttered
"That's more like 3 months" The doctor nodded in agreement.

"I don't look 3 months pregnant" you pointed out

"Everyone is different, but I think it will happen suddenly for you" The doctor explained.
"I can't print this out here, but I can take a photo then post it to you"

"Sounds good" Spencer smiled, you both thanked the doctor, then walked him out.

The entire team walked into the living room and looked over at you and Spencer nervously, hoping you would be giving them good news. You weren't sure how you were going to tell them or how they'd react, they were going to be either really over joyed and excited or be just as stressed and anxious as you were.