11. Aftermath

You sat there with Spencers head on your lap, tears streamed down your cheeks.

"Please open your eyes" you begged, as you caressed his cheek with your thumb. It felt like hours before the ambulances arrived, in reality it had only been 10 minutes. You wanted to be with everyone one, but that wasn't going to be possible and so you sat in the back of the ambulance with Spencer and held his hand.
"Spencer I don't know if you can hear me but if you can, please don't leave. I only just got back, w-we still have so much to do. W-We're getting married remember, s-so please d-don't leave me. I need you Dr Reid. I-I love you" you cried.

While you drove one of the medics, were keeping an eye on Spencer, making sure nothing happened before you got to the hospital. While the other medic treated your injuries. You weren't seriously hurt, you had a small gash on the side of your head, that would need to be glued together, but mainly you felt bruised.

As the ambulance pulled up to the hospital, Spencers heart monitor began to beat faster and faster. You looked up at the medic, who was now ready to rush him out the vehicle and into the hospital

"No, no, no, baby stay with me! Please don't leave me!" you cried as you watched him get rushed into surgery, you tried to follow, but a couple of doctors held you back

"Ma'am you can't go in there" one of them said.

"P-Please save him... Please" you pleaded.

"We'll do the best we can" she assured you, you nodded walked over to the waiting room. You sat there bouncing your knee and biting your nails, until Penelope arrived a couple of hours later, the moment you saw her you ran up to her and hugged her tightly

"I knew something was wrong, I said something felt wrong, but they didn't listen and if any of them die then- I-I-" you broke down in tears and nuzzled your head in her shoulder.

"They're going to be fine. Where are they all right now?" she asked nervously

"Spence and H-Hotch are in surgery, and the others are dotted around the hospital. I-I haven't seen any of them since we left the site... B-But Penelope 3 police officers, 7 swat agents and 6 members of the terrorist division unit are dead already"

"Have faith Y/n, please they'll be ok, I need you to have faith" she whispered, you looked up at her and nodded.

3 hours passed Spencer was still in surgery, Hotch had just gotten out of surgery and the others were still being treated. At this point you had drunk 4 coffees, bitten your nails to oblivion, and dry heaved into the toilet twice. You sat there waiting anxiously for another 30 minutes until Spencer finally got out of surgery, you sat by his side, and held his hand all night. JJ, Derek, Emily and Rossi all came into check on him once they had been discharged, but after a while you insisted they go back to the hotel to get some rest.

Spencer woke up the next morning, he didn't speak much, probably because he felt slightly guilty for not having more trust in your judgement. It wasn't like he told you, that you were wrong, but he didn't say anything when you expressed your concerns with Hotch, and so you sat there for most of the day in a comfortable silence, holding his hand tightly.

"So I'm going to be ok?" he asked, sitting up and looking over at you. You forced a smile and nodded.

"Yes a couple of weeks of bed rest and you'll be as right as rain". You weren't lying, Spencer was going to be alright but you couldn't help but be overwhelmed with worry. You had been through hell, and you hoped that your first case wasn't going to be as traumatic as it had been, but that was the story of your life.

"Sorry if I scared you... You were right about Hyde we should have listened to you... I feel like I've lost some boyfriend points" he mumbled looking down at his hands.