4: Phonophobia

I'm still frozen when I feel someone tap my shoulder, I turn around and it's Chan. I sigh and feel a tear run down my cheek. Then I remember Mr. Suh.

"Miss Choi? Hello? Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Um.. yes sir I'm alright." I take a deep breath and look back up to Sammy's window. He wasn't there anymore.

"Was that a gunshot?" Mr. Suh's voice comes on again.

"Yeah, it was," I look around and see one of the guys on the floor holding his leg. "Chan? What happened?" I tilt the phone away from my mouth.

"He tried to run at you, I stopped him." he looks back at him.

"That is why Key has a taser. Go help him," I sigh and roll my eyes. Then I see the police car pull up with Sammy behind it, coming out of the apartment building. "The police are here, I'll make sure to tell them that you're gonna check if these are your guys," I put the phone back.

"Okay, bye Miss Choi."

"Bye Mr. Suh," I wait for him to hang up then open the door. "Hello officer, the men are inside. One of them tried to come at me so my guard shot him in the knee. He's in pain but my guard has pressure on the wound." The cop nods and heads in with a medical kit. I walk over to Sammy, trying to keep cool but with phonophobia, I can still hear the gunshot in my head.

"Are you okay?" Sammy touches my shoulder. The noise finally catches up to me and I collapse onto him and start crying. He catches me and we sit on the ground.

"Sammy?" Key comes out of the cafe. He sees me. "Moon? Are you alright?"

"How close to the gunshot was she?" Sammy pets my hair, calming me down. I push my face into his chest.

"He was shot right in the lobby, she was standing by the front doors," Key squats down. "Hey, look at me," I look up at him, trying to take deep breaths. "You okay?" I shake my head 'no' "Phonophobia's a bitch," I laugh slightly. I sit up and look at Sammy. He smiles at me and wipes the tears off my face with his thumbs. Chan comes out with the cop and the two guys. He sees me and Sammy. He puts the guy he was holding in the car and walks over.

"What is this?" Chan tilts his head at us. Sammy stands up.

"She has phonophobia, remember, she managed to stay together until she was out of sight. She collapsed when I asked if she was okay," he says calmly. Chan smiles and pats his shoulder. He walks forward slightly and leans towards Sammy's ear.

"Don't worry, Key told me about y'all years ago. I don't care," He pats Sammy's shoulder again and walks over to me. Sammy smacks Keys' arm. Chan picks me up.

"What did you say?" I look at Chan and sniffle.

"I know you and Sammy still talk. I won't tell your parents. I think it's cute," He pats my head. I smile then look over to Sammy. He walks over and hugs me. I then go back inside and grab my bag. Chan grabs some cleaning supplies and cleans up the blood from the floor. "Thank god it's tile," He says as he finishes up. I walk out and catch the cop before he gets into his car.

"Sorry sir, one more thing. Mr. Suh Jihun will be stopping by. He just wants to see if his brother sent these boys," I point to the two in the car. He nods then gets in his car. I watch him drive away then turn to Key and Chan. "Okay, so we need to check inventory then we can head up to the shop," they nod then I turn to Sammy, "I'll call you later," I smile.

"Okay love," he smiles back then walks back to his apartment. I shake my head at him calling me 'love' again. I then walk back in and start checking with Key and Chan. We finish up and head to the car. I lock the cafe door first and send Key to lock the back door. He comes back and hops in the passenger seat.

"Dude," Chan stands in the way of the passenger door, annoyed.

"Oh come one," Key mimics my usual begging.

"Funny, but you're not as cute as her. Move," Key sighs and moves. Chan sits in the passenger seat and Key sits behind him. I get in the driver seat.

"Not as cute as me?" I look at Chan as I buckle my seatbelt. He rolls his eyes. I start the car and head to the shopping district.