Episode 2:Beginings P2

Start from the beginning

Varian couldn't help but think it was a beautiful name.  It suited her.  He grinned.

"Hey, Varian.  Come with me!"  Dennis suddenly grabbed his wrist and brought him to the kitchen.  There was a woman setting out snacks and there other teens putting chips that they brought on the counter.

"Oh!  Was I supposed to bring something!"  He whispered to Dennis.  "I really didn't think about it."

"Oh, no.  You're good.  They just brought it,"  Dennis laughed.  "Mom, this is Varian."

The woman smiled.  She had black hair that went past her shoulders  up in a ponytail.  Some long bangs curved around her cheeks.  "Hello, Varian.  I hear you're in Cass's class.  That's quite an accomplishment for one your age."

Varian blushed a bright pink as he rubbed the back of his neck.  "Th-thanks."

"Varian, this is Burt, Jill and Lewis.  They can be rough and... rough sometimes, but they're pretty  nice once you get to know them."

"Gee, Den.  If you put that way, you make us sound like the troublemakers." Jill gave a smirk.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are."  Dennis rolled his eyes.  "C'mon, V.  Everyone else is out back."

~~~~~~~~~~

Quirin looked in the plastic cage.  A cat was playing with a toy mouse with catnip inside.  He would think a dog was a better companion, but Varian was allergic to dogs.  Quirin had to go with a cat instead.

The one he was looking at was a gray cat that looked rather large because of his fluffy fur, and its tail was ridiculously puffy.  His paws were black up to its joints.  There were black stripes on his tail and black circles around his eyes.  If Quirin hadn't known any better, he'd say it was a raccoon.  The paper over the cage said he was a Cacoon Cat, not that he really knew the difference between species names.  Apart from Calicos that is.

He wasn't an expert with animals at all.  Barely ever been around any for long periods of time.  However, he could feel in his gut that this was the cat.  The perfect pet for his son.  Now, all he had to do was figure out how to buy it.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Cass."

"Yeah, Dad?"  she turned around from her desk in her room.  Her tablet setup as a computer on it.

"I thought you might want to come with me to the office tomorrow to help spruce it up a bit."

Cassandra grinned.  She loved going to the office, even if it was just to clean it.  "You got it, Dad."

He smiled.  "Thought you would… not gonna join the party?"

"Maybe later.  I don't want to intrude Dennis.  It's his party and friends after all."

"Suite yourself."  Mr. Guard shrugged before leaving his daughter to work on whatever she had been working on.

Cassandra turned back to her tablet.  She continued typing on the keyboard.  A text dinged from her phone.  She picked up her phone and read it.  It was from Rapunzel.

Hey, Cass!  Having my fall party starting at 5 next Saturday.  U coming, right?

Cassandra's thumbs flew across the screen, texting back a reply.

U bet!😉

Her phone dinged again.

Yay!😄

~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah!"  Dennis pumped his fist as a match corn hole was being played between Lewis and Burt.  Burt was obviously winning.  "Varian?  What are you looking at?"