☁The Cat Café

💤Shota Aizawa💤

A/N: thank you for over 600 reads!

You tugged your jacket on and walked out the door. You and Shota had been dating for a few months and today was your date day. He was going to take you to a ‘expensive dinner date’ but that probably meets the entire mcdonald's menu. You closed the door and jammed your keys into your pockets. From your apartment to his house was more or less a 10 minute walk. You shoved your hands into your pockets as you walked the whole 10 minutes quietly.

You knocked on the door giving it 3 hard knocks. You waited a second then you heard the knob jiggle and like magic the door opened. On the other side of the door was a small girl, she had long curly white hair and soft red eyes. 

“Um.. hello..” she mumbled, peeking out from behind the door.

“Hello, is Shota home?” You knelt down to her height and she hid behind the door.

“Eri, what have I told you about opening the do-” Shota stood at the door, his hand on the back on the girls’ head, “Oh, Hey kitty.” He smiled slightly and lifted the small girl up with one arm. He stepped aside and let you walk inside.

“Sorry I was getting dressed for our date.” He said wrapping his other arm around her. You eyed the girl, tilting your head slightly. Shota gave you a questioning look until his eyes followed yours to the girl. 

“This is Eri, I've told you a lot about her. Eri, this is the person I told you about.” He rubbed her back and moved some hair out of her face. Eri hid her face in his neck and waved shyly to you.

“Is she always this shy around people?” You looked at him, Shota just shook his head.

“Not really, once she gets used to you she’ll open up a bit.” He smiled slightly, “Togata and Midoriya are both busy so she's coming with us on our date, I hope that's ok, if not I can reschedule-” 

"No, it's fine!” You put your hands up in defense, “I've wanted to meet her for a while so this is a great opportunity!” You smiled happily. Shota whispered something to her, you didn't hear it as you got distracted by his cat but by her mood change and big smile on her face you knew it was good. He gently set her on her feet and Eri quickly ran to what you assumed was her room.

“I told her that we’re going to a cat cafe.” He put his hands in his jean pockets. You raised your brow, crossing your arms with a smug look.

“Cat cafe huh? Was that what we were originally going to do?” You leaned on his couch. Shota shook his head and chuckled.

“No originally we were gonna go to the new ramen place that opened down the street. Eri has been asking about it for about a week when Shinso told her about it. I told her to go get dressed so I could do her hair.” He pet his cat, Mochi, scratching behind her ear.

“You told her about me?” You hummed, sitting on his couch, your keys jingled in your pocket.

“Yea, she got upset thinking that I like you more than her,” He chuckled softly, “Of course I told her that I love you both equally.” He hummed, picking mochi up. A few minutes later Eri came out of her room wearing a cat hoodie that was way too big for her. 

“Well don't you look pretty, princess.” Shota sat on the couch and patted his lap, Eri hopped onto the couch and sat in his lap. He hummed, running his fingers through her hair, combing out the tangles. Eri held the bottom of her jacket, fumbling with the loose strings.

“You are very pretty Eri.” You said smiling at her, she smiled slightly but kept her head down. Shota held her hair gently, tying it into pigtails. He ran his fingers so her hair was smooth.

“There you go princess all done.” He moved some hair behind her ear and pecked her forehead.

“Are we ready to head out now?” You stood up from the couch, your keys jingling. Shota nodded and stood up, holding Eri with one arm. He took his keys off the table near the door. 

“Mochi, watch over the house for us, we’ll be back in a bit.” he looked at the cat who was sitting on the coffee table. The ride to the cafe was about 30 minutes long. One of Shota’s hands rested on your knee, drawing small shapes and letters into the joint. He kept glancing back at Eri who was looking at the trees and buildings that passed by. Shota parked the car in the parking lot. You stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind you. Shota walked to your side, holding Eri's hand.

“You ready?” He asked, holding your hand. You nodded and started to walk into the establishment. The cafe was medium sized, cat scratching posts and bed lined the back wall. Eri’s eyes lit up once she saw all the kitties, she tugged on Shota’s hand slightly.

“You two go find a seat. I'll get us something to eat.” He let go of Eri’s hand and nodded to you. You held your hand out to eri and she took it, quietly. You walked to a table and sat down, she sat across from you.

“So miss Eri got any questions for me?” You sat back in your chair. Eri looked at you and thought for a minute.

“Is your name really Kitty? I hear daddy call you that alot.” She played with her sleeves. You smiled softly, shaking your head.

“No, it’s a nickname that I got attached to, he’s been calling me Kitty ever since we first met.” You told her your real name, “Sometimes when I'm around him, I'll forget my own name.” 

“Can I call you kitty?” She asked, tilting her head. You smiled and nodded. You learned alot about her in the 10 minutes you both sat there, her favorite food was apples and her favorite type of cat was a Turkish Angora cat or in her words a ‘duchess cat’. 

“Why a Turkish Angora, little miss?” You rested your chin on your hand. Her eyes lit up and she bounced in her seat.

“Because they have really pretty fur that's white and daddy said that me and duchess have pretty white hair.” She giggled and played with her pigtails happily. Shota came to the table and sat down, setting down a small coffee in front of you and a small pastry in front of Eri.

“You two getting along?” He hummed, petting one of the cats that hopped on the table. Eri took a bite of her pastry and nodded happily. He smiled, moving hair out of her face.

“That's good, I'm glad you two are getting along. What were you talking about?” He took a sip out of your coffee, you glared slightly and he smiled innocently.

“Duchess kitties!” Eri bounced in her seat. Shota chuckled, sitting back in his seat. A cat hopped into his lap and laid down comfortably. You stayed for another hour, talking and petting kitties. When you left Eri was holding onto a small string of staying awake or falling asleep. Shota picked her up from her seat in the car, resting her head on his shoulder.

“I should put her down for a nap.” Shota looked at you, “Thank you for coming over Kitty.” He smiled softly, kissing your cheek.

“I was gonna come over regardless if we went on the date or not.” You smiled and kissed his lips gently, “I'll be heading home now, thank you for the talk miss Eri.” You pet her head gently.

“Bye kitty..” She mumbled softly, barely keeping her eyes open. You smiled at Shota, he adjusted Eri so she was more comfortable.

“I'll see you later, Kitty. I'm gonna put her down for a nap.” He kissed you before you headed back to your apartment.

Up next: Katsuki Bakugo