my "problem"

Five practically tossed me into the car, letting me lay down in the back. A leg slid off, I felt myself dissociate. He didn't say much, and he didn't turn on the radio. We sat in silence.

“Can we get something to eat?” I asked, high out of my mind. I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes. He looked at me through the rearview mirror. He looked angry.

Hargreeves scowled, “Do you not understand the concept of social cues? I'm pissed at you, you idiot. No, I'm not paying for your drug induced hunger.”

I pouted at him until he convinced me he wasn't gonna bend. I sighed and laid back down. I ran my fingers around the stripes of my light-army green sweater. I hummed quietly, You Are My Sunshine, until Five slowly stopped the car back at that Elliot's house.

He slammed his door shut again, it seemed like a habit of his, and he opened my door and threw me over his shoulder, holding my waist and behind in the air. My legs kicked slightly and I stared at his back.

“You're an asshole.” I said and hit at his back. He wasn't phased, maybe I was too high to really do any damage. I giggled at the concept of me just baby slapping him.

“And you're an idiot.” Hargreeves responded, swiftly opening the door and carrying me inside. His shoulder supporting my entire weight exhibited his strength, maybe the story of him being some super-human was right. I always figured there were other-worldly beings among us.

He threw me onto the couch, I bounced along the padding and looked over at him. He didn't wait after throwing me, he just kept walking to the kitchen. For a cup of coffee.

“Do you always drink that stuff?” I asked.

He didn't reply and took another sip from it, looking away from me.

“Come on, Hargreeves,” I sat up, rushing over towards him, fumbling slightly. “Will you let me have a taste?”

He side-eyed me again, with those pretty light eyes of his. He groaned and handed the cup over to me, his hands shooting for his pockets again. I held the hot cup in my hands and took a long drink.

Well, it wasn't good to say the least. I think the expression it left on my face showed that. He smiled slightly, but covered it as he forcefully grabbed the cup back. “If your saliva is in this, I'll kill you with my bare hands.”

I smiled cheekily at him and immediately rushed to the refrigerator. I basically threw open the door and rummaged through the foods. Not much, really, but it was something. I turned and noticed a single donut on the table, and grabbed that as well.

Hargreeves eyed me up and down. “If you do this often, and eat so much, how do you stay thin?” it wasn't a compliment, and sounded more like an insult by his tone. Like my hobby was a bad thing.

And I told him that. “You act like me using what I bought is a bad thing.” I responded, taking a large bite out of the donut I'd stolen. He sighed.

“Well, I'd pursue this conversation, but I really don't care.” Five scoffed, turning away with his black coffee. That was laced with my spit.

Assholes get what assholes deserve, I thought. “Well, why are you mad at me? Or, why were you mad at me?”