𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Christmas Day was here. How? I didn't know. Even before my eyes had let in the light of day, I could hear the church bells from the castle's stone spire. Due to all the drama and excitement from the ball, I had almost forgotten that it was Christmas eve, as well as the day that followed it. And with that, a new year was on the horizon.

I was beyond happy to have my two closest friends back and now, I couldn't imagine spending a Christmas without them. The three of us had decorated our own beds with holly and tinsel and there was a miniature tree in the centre of the room, that we all shared.

I stretched out my limbs and yawned as I sat up. My dress was hung up over the door and three pairs of high heeled shoes were dotted about around the floor. The two of them were obviously not going to be awake; I knew that before I even opened my eyes, even if it was Christmas morning. I didn't expect anyone else to be up either. I therefore decided to sit by the windowsill and stare out onto the vast winter wonderland that surrounded the castle's grounds.

As I gazed onto the blanket of snow, I wondered to myself how on earth it was already December. I was eighteen. I only had a few months left of school and I had no idea what I was going to do once I left. Hogwarts was my home and had been my life for the last six and a half years.

But why worry about that? I still had, what eight months? There was still two tasks left in the tournament and Harry Potter was still at school. I had time for more excitement. So, while sat on the window side by my bed, I decided to focus on the present. And the fact 1994 ended next week, I thought best to ignore the rest of it.

"A New Year's resolution without a solid plan is just a wish."

That's what my mum used to tell me. I guessed the only resolution I could think of was be better, honestly. I had hurt a lot of people while I was here, even when I thought I was improving.

That's when Y/O/N flew through the window, letter in beak and a small, brown paper wrapped box.

Y/N,

Merry Christmas. I do hope this get's to you in time.
All is well here in London, and I hope the same for you at Hogwarts.

Enjoy the sweets, just like we used to.

Yours,
Sirius

I smiled to myself, even at the thought of whatever was in the mysterious package, of which I was now unwrapping. All butters. The grin on my face widened. They were our favourites. We used to eat at least five boxes of these toffees together at Christmas, back when he wasn't in hiding. I remember it used to make me laugh when we always used to get them stuck in our teeth.

Just when I thought I wasn't possible, I heard the rustling of sheets and I groan. Spencer was finally waking up. She sat up and yawned and then noticed me, candy in hand, sat by the closed window.

"Merry Christmas Y/N."

"Merry Christmas Spence."

•·················•·················•

"Sooo, you girls coming to the new years party next week? I heard Malfoy is planning one in the Slytherin common room." Ava said, the three of us enjoying our lunches in the great hall.

"Av, it's only boxing day. Christmas just happened. How are you already thinking about new years?" I said.

"Because Y/N, like I said, a party, in our common room. We never have parties at this school, it's kinda tragic." she nodded.

"Hmm let me think, maybe because we're not allowed them." I suggested sarcastically.

She gave me a look and huffed, "anyways, I expect you both to be there."