﹙ 𝐢𝐢𝐢 ﹚ assumptions and assigned seats

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter three ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ lessons, exposure, and a new seating plan

     THE SORTING CEREMONY ENDED NOT LONG after that, and after a much-needed first-night feast the three of us made a brisk exit to the dungeons to finally get the chance to crash out.

     "Pureblood," I said to the large stone wall, and at the sound of the correct password, it began sliding open, to reveal the underwater, Slytherin common room. It was dark and dimly lit by green lanterns and had a large granite fireplace, surrounded by leather sofas with creatures that inhabited the Black Lake gliding past the windows. It was quiet and it seemed we had been quicker to leave than we thought.

     We made our way to our dormitory; the three of us bunked together of course and slumped onto our four poster beds. As soon as my skin touched the freshly cleaned sheets, I could already feel myself falling asleep. I would have done it if Ava wasn't so nosy.

     "So, y/n/n, what's going on with you and Mr Diggory?" she asked, slyly, dragging out the vowels.

     I rolled my eyes and leaned over to open the drawer of my bedside table, where I pulled out my stash of Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, "Okay, the name? Really? And absolutely nothing, so drop it now would you?"

     "Calm down, we're just asking. It's not like you to associate with Hufflepuffs," she replied.

     "I'm not, that's why. I just bumped into him on the train."

     "And what did you do in return exactly?" Spencer asked. "He was staring at you the whole of the ceremony! And he looked kind of, pissed?"

     "Okay, first off, he wasn't. And it was more like glaring." I replied, "all I did was not apologise, because it wasn't my place to." I laid back on my pillow, placing a bean into my mouth.

     "And why is that?" Ava asked laughing.

     "Cause he walked into me. He frankly didn't deserve one."

     "He seems to think he did."

     I rolled my eyes, and threw back the duvet, "Goodnight ladies."

     And soon, I was drifting off to sleep. A much-awaited sleep.

' ੈ˚ ❃ 

     I WOKE ABRUPTLY to the deafening sounds of someone yelling directly at me. Why was it this year that I was constantly being woken up when I am actually peaceful?

     "Come on y/n, wake up!" Spencer shouted.

     "Alright, alright. Merlin, what time is it?" I said rubbing my eye and sitting up.

    "9:45!" They both yelled back.

     "WHAT?! That means we've missed breakfast and first period!" I jumped up and scrambled around for my robes. I had never gotten ready so fast in my life. Although the rush quickly died down when I turned around to see the two girls standing there, laughing and I stopped immediately, "Oh for fuck sake, what did you do?"