Chapter 1

"Claire, I have some news for you," my social worker, Jamie, said excitedly, "you're being adopted!" 

"Great." I mumbled under my breath. That crash changed my life forever. I would never see my parents again, since, you know, they died in the accident. I gathered what little belongings I had and went to meet my new guardian. 

Once they heard me, they turned around to look. There was a lady and a younger guy, guessing around 20, with brown hair.  

"Hello Claire, I'm Johanna Tomlinson, and I'm your new mom," the lady said quickly, smiling at me. 

"Hi, I'm Louis. I'm your new brother. Nice hair, is it natural?" the boy said, referring to my red hair. 

"Hi. And yes, Louis, my hair is naturally red," I said quietly.  

"I like redheads," Louis said, earning him a hit on the shoulder.  

After talking for a while, we walked to the car and drove to my new house. 

Johanna showed me my room, right across the hall from Louis', and helped me settle in.  

"I hope this is alright?" She said softly. 

"It's perfect, thank you." I said smiling. 

"Louis is having his friends over in a minute, they're all excited to meet you," Johanna said,"but just to warn you, they're all a little bit wacko." 

I smiled just as the door bell rang.  

We both went downstairs. I plopped down on the couch as she answered the door.  

I heard little comments like "where is she? What's she look like? Is she cute?" 

Just then, four boys a little older than me busted into the room and stared at me. 

"Can I help you?" I said, annoyed. One stood out more than the others, with his curly brown hair and his electric green eyes. 

"I'm Harry, the blonde one is Niall, the black-haired one is Zayn, and this is Liam," the curly-haired one said smiling, showing off his dimples. 

"Hi, Harry, Niall, Zayn, and Liam. I'm Claire," I said, looking up at them.  

Then, all in unison, they said, "Is your hair naturally red?"