Chapter 3: Starting a New Life

Start from the beginning

She's gonna slap me, isn't she?! Omg, this isn't earth, darn it, what have I done wrong to you God?! Just wha-

I stopped thingking as I saw the duchess towering me. I standed up as I was readying myself to be slapped.

Then to my surprise she she hugged me, leaning her head to my shoulders and I felt my shoulders wet for a second.

No way?! the timeline.

"...." she stayed silent, which creeped me up.

"Mom?" I said hopefully she'll answer as I was hiding the fact that I was slightly trembling.

"Sigh, of course. He is ONLY your friend, after all." She said as she started to grip clench her hand into a fist.

"Don't be like that, mom. Since we haven't been able to go out lately, why don't we try to go shopping tomorrow? Can we, mother?" I said brightly as she now smirking but felt touched hearing me requesting something from her.

"Certainly, darling. It's been years since you have asked mommy something like this." She said.

Wish she was my mom, I wish.

♧◇♡♤

"Thank you, er- mr. Gereon." I said awkwardly because I had forgotten what his name was.

As I got in the big carriage I saw my mother glaring at the handsome knight that escorted me to the carriage.

"It's actually Gerome, lady Elenor. My name is Gerome Borbon, lady Elen-" he introduced but stopped as I put my finger up making my mother smirk proudly.

"Stop," I demanded superiorly. "Ehem, yes of course I know you, your Zen's younger brother."

Just as he was about to open his mouth again I spoke again.

"Erm- and I would appreciate as well if you'd call me 'my Lady' or ' Lady Alecto' not Elenor. Got it?" I said making him widened his eyes and apologize.

As he closed the carriage door I saw 'my mother' looking at me puzzled.

"What do you mean by that, darling? You want him to call you Alecto?" She said narrowing her eyes playfully at me.

"Well, Mom, I just thought I'll change how they call me because you know, I don't want being called Elenor anymore, even if sister Carlotte call me that, am I allowed?" I said nervously as I scratched the back ofy ear.

Then suddenly mother laughed.

"Your father," she said as she had a sad expression on her face now. "....was an idiot, he left me only for a fake daughter."

Darn, what kind of Father is Randalh to Elenor? What kind of husband was he to mother?

Them I suddenly recalled the part of the book where 'I' saw my mother die in a hand of a demon.

I felt my blood boil as I tried remembering that bitch's face (Charlotte).

I swear I'm gonna love mother more than anything in the world, who needs fathers when you've got a caring mother by your side?

I thought as I was now leaning my head to get a glance at every buildings that were so much more different from Earth.

I saw multiple old fashioned buildings, houses and shops mostly looking like old Britain's style.

I still can't bilieve I got recarnated here. I sighed as I was now heading to very familiar looking road.

My stomach lurched excitedly as I saw people or rather commoners were loittering around the street.