1.New Beginnings....

5 years later

Randy

"Reagan put that down," Maddie fussed, poppin baby girl's hand. She fanned her hands before breaking out in a cry. Standing up from the couch, I pulled my pants up and she ran over to me.

"It's okay. Mommie being mean to my baby," I cooed, kissing her cheeks. She wiped her tears, burying her face, holding on to my pants leg.

"That's why she's spoiled rotten," Maddie said, walking out of the room.

"Mommie's also a hater," I mumbled, causing her to giggle.

"I heard that!"

"FBI ears and stuff. Let me and my baby girl have our moment." I picked her up, balancing her in one arm as I walked to the kitchen. I put her down and told her to get in the chair so I could fix her something to eat.

"Daddy, I want oatmeal."

"Oatmeal it is." I got a package out the box, pouring the content in a bowl and added a little milk. I popped it in the microwave and pressed one, letting it cook.

"Daddy!" I looked at her to see her pointing at the microwave. I shook my head as she covered her ears, something she's been doing since she was little. Right after that, the beeping went off.

"That's a shame, fat mama," I laughed. I took it out, dropping a small ice cube in it to let it cool off. I poured us some juice and sat down. She dug in, offering me some every other bite.

---

Reagan finished eating and we were now sitting on the couch watching my highlights from last nights game. I rambled on about my love for ball as I always do. She pointed at my face on the screen and yelled. "Daddy, it's you."

"Yup, that's daddy." I paused. "Can I tell you something?" I asked her as if she was actually going to know what I was talking about. She just looked at me, smiled, and nodded.

"Okay, cool. So before momma came into the picture, I used to think, I'd never love another woman again. It's my mo- the lady who gave birth to me fault but that's another story.

Anyway, I met momma and I knew she'd be the one to change it and I was right! She evil as hell sometimes but I wouldn't change it for the world. She gave me a beautiful baby girl an-"

"What yall in here talking about?" Maddie asked walking in. She was fully dressed in a pair of denim distressed jeans with an OBEY sweatshirt and nude heels. Her face was bare but she didn't need makeup.

"Daddy was telling a story about you momma."

"Oh was he?" She eyed me and I fanned her off. "Yea, Yea.. but where you going?"

"Me and Reagan are going to Michelle's house for a playmate with TJ," she clapped causing Rae to clap. TJ was my teammate Tyler Ennis six year old son. They been tryna play match maker since she was born but I shut that down real quick.

"No, ain no clapping. Boys have cooties. Unless it's me or your uncle Ant," I told her. She laughed and clapped again.

"Two points for mommie."

I sucked my teeth. "Whatever. Rae give daddy some suga then you can play with ya boyfriend." I lend down while she reached up and pecked my lips. She then reached for ha momma's hand.

"Come on baby, let's go get daddy some water for that salty taste you left him with," Maddie clowned. I stood up and hovered over her.

"Whatever! Ain you forgetting something?"