Chapter 5: The Basement Door

Start from the beginning

Klein: Well, if they do find out, wouldn't it be best to tell them?

Y/n: Uh..y-yeah. I think that'll be the best option. I'll inform my sister on this later.

(Later at night)
(Ruby's pov)

I was finally done with my other drawing. Daddy's gonna love this! I walk in the hallway and towards the basement. Josh thought I was in bed already so I can finally show daddy my drawing! I slowly open the basement door and looked around. There was a bunch of stuff. Toys, boxes, and a bunch of other cool looking things.

???: 'Ruby?'

I stopped at the whispering voice. I slowly turned for it to be.....

Weiss.

I sighed in relief.

Ruby: 'Weiss. Don't scare me like that.'

Weiss: 'What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to up this late.'

I turned and put my fists on my hips.

Ruby: 'I have you know, that we don't have a bedtime.'

Weiss sighed.

Weiss: 'Whatever. Let's just go back to bed. The others are waiting for us.'

The door slowly opened to reveal, Yang, Blake, and Oscar.

Ruby: 'But I just want to show this drawing to daddy.'

I held up the picture so that they could see.

Weiss: 'You can show it to him tomorrow. We need to go-'

Ruby: 'Wait. What's that other door?'

I pointed to the door at the side. It was f/c colored with a gold outline. The others looked too.

Ruby: 'I'm gonna go check it out.'

WBYO: 'Ruby, no!'

But I didn't listen. I walked towards the door and open it. There, I see a staircase. I walk down the staircase and heard footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Yang and Oscar, followed by Weiss and Blake. I turned and continue walking down.

Oscar: 'I-I don't think this is a good idea.'

Ruby: I just want to show Daddy what I drew.

Blake: But he could be busy. He even said we shouldn't go down here.

Yang: I mean, it can't be that bad. Right?

The rest of us just shrugged.

(3rd pov)

The hallway was only lit up by torches. Their footsteps echoed with each step. Once we were downstairs, Ruby called out for Y/n.

Ruby: Daddy? Daddy, where are you?! Dad..dy...?

Ruby and the others looked up in terror as she could only identify as something she's never seen before. The entity was dark and slimy. It was a blob with many limbs, its arms reaching out towards them. It had many faces, all covered in white.

Entity: C̵̩̪̠̬͈͉̀̅̌͒̾̎͑̅o̸̠͖̤̩̙͆̒̒͊͗̀̈́͊m̵̗͈̈́̇̊͋̂e̸̮͒͌͂͆̏̒̇͗͘͜ ̷͚͙̿h̷͉̟͉͉̦̒͌̈́͠e̶̗̦̥͖̼̤͍̘̝͐͋͊̈́̕ř̶̡̯̺̝͇͓͔͘e̷͉͖̩̹̮͚̿̈́͊͗ ̴͉̬̘͓̫͎͉̋͑̓̍́͒̽͜͝͝ͅt̵͚̂͆̋̆̑̏͌͂̚o̸̳͍̬͎̱̻͚͂̍̉͋̄̃́͂̈́͜͠ ̵̼̙̦̃͛̀͗̽̊̏̚͝͝ṃ̶̃ḙ̶͉͔̖̫̮͕͂́̍̈͜,̷̡̡̦̫̤̯̗̲͍͉̔͋́̑͊͑͂͆ ̵̡͍̜̥̞̪͑̍̏͌͐̾̓̽̆s̴̡̢̹̫̰̗͛͂́̑̒̂̚͝i̵̳̙̓̒̉͗̊͊̿s̵̨̡̟̐̐̊̆̉͂̋͜͠t̶̹͇͚̀͒̈́ę̵̣̜̗͕̼̞̳̳̈́̇͂ȓ̸̠̳͊̽͐͂̓͝.

The voice echoed but it seemed like it had its own echo. The kids stood there, trembling in fear.

???: Kids?

The kids quickly ran to the voice, which was Y/n's. He was wearing a black/gray suit vest with a tie and white, fabric, long-sleeved shirt with long black pants, black leather tuxedo shoes, and a golden watch on his wrist. Y/n looked at the creature and motioned his hand at it in a shooing motion.

Y/n: Shoo! Get lost.

The dark, slimy entity went away, gurgling.

Ruby: D-Daddy? What was that?

Y/n: That's nothing to worry about.

Weiss: But i-it called Ruby..sister.

Y/n only hummed in response.

Y/n: So, what did you come here for?

Ruby: Well...

Ruby held up her drawing.

Ruby: I wanted to show you another drawing.

Y/n: A..nother drawing?

Oscar: W-We tried to tell Ruby that she can show you in the morning. But she didn't listen.

Y/n hummed and looked at the drawing, then smiled. The drawing was showing Y/n, the kids, Penny, Josh, and Klein all holding hands, smiling.

Y/n: Well, I think it's wonderful.

Ruby: Yay!

Y/n: We'll hang it up on the fridge tomorrow. For now, put it in my room.

Ruby: Okay.

Ruby jumped off of Y/n's grip and began to walk away with the others when Y/n spoke again.

Y/n: Oh, and please, don't come here again without my permission. Is that understood?

The kids nodded and went upstairs. Y/n let out a sigh of relief as he looked over his shoulder to see the dark entity once again, moving towards him.

Entity: C̴̤̬̦̟̃̊̆ǫ̸̛͉̰͔̘͕̳̪m̵̭̩̝̪̬͕͈̗͌̏̽̒̀̀ė̷̛̠͙̤̥̭̼̮̗͚͇̒ ̷̧̗̱̫̦̩̜̩͓̎͐h̵̢͎̤̳̱͑̃͘͝ȩ̸̡̻͓͈͈̬̕̚͝͠r̴̲̊̈́̐̐́͛̈̀͘͠ē̷̹̼̗̣͌̂̉͛͊̍́́͝,̸͎̙̮͇͔͎̜͉̥͠ ̶̡͚̉f̴̢̗̮͉͌̍̏̍̍͂̌͝á̸̝͍̰̗̟̼͒̓͑̌̚t̷͓͇̣̲̖͒͌͒ḩ̶̯̜̑͆̂͜͝e̷̮̦̭̤̫̫̓̉͌̋͗̔r̴̡̛͉̙̲͈͚͕̺̥͒̓́̿͋͑̎̔̾.̸̢̨̣̯̻̮̱̥̙͇̑͂̐͂̀̚

Y/n sighed and spawned a light neon f/c spear and pointed it at the figure. He glared at it as it went away, scared of being attacked by the man.

The spear then disappeared into Y/n's hand and the man put his hands behind his back, letting out a sigh once again. But it was a sad sigh.

Y/n: I'll get you back, son. I hope I will...