Chapter 7

Katie smiled as she watched Nyssa jump into Will's back. He laughed, sliding his hands under her knees to hold her as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They were so carefree, that's a big thing Katie liked about watching their relationship. A couple years ago, Nyssa had slipped into a depression. First Beckendorf had died, then they thought Leo was dead, and her mom was sick with cancer.

But as soon as she started dating Will, she was a whole other person. Will made her laugh, and she seemed to forget about the world for a minute. They were so comfortable with each other, and it almost made Katie jealous. Not of Will, but if their relationship.

Katie wanted a relationship like their's, where she could be herself and have someone there for her at all times.

Immediately after that thought, her eyes slipped to her hand in Travis's.

And then she mentally kicked herself.

This was all for a stupid dare. It was all an act. So that Travis could get another girl. For some reason, the thought brought Katie down.

But she was fine as soon as she caught sight of Lou Ellen sprinting away from Connor, who had his arms outstretched.

Kellen laughed, along with Travis and Katie, as Connor got close, lunged forward, and face-planted into the ground.

Lou was a couple feet away, clutching her stomach from laughing.

Max opened his mouth to say something, before Connor's hand wrapped around Lou's ankle, and she went tumbling down on top of him.

By now, everyone was laughing.

"We're here," Dean finally choked out.

The group had come to a moderate sized house, where Dean ran in, telling them he'd be back in a minute.

"Let me see my bag," Katie said, slipping her hand back to herself as she turned to Travis.

He slipped her strap off his shoulder and handed it to her, stepping behind her to wrap his arms around her waist. He leaned close to her ear, and Katie wanted to smile as she realized that he had to bend down.

"Giggle like I said something funny," he whispered.

She did, opening the clasp of her bag.

"You wouldn't have needed to ask, I had to do was look at your face," she mumbled back.

Travis scowled, before smirking.

"By the way," Katie whispered as she dug out a pack of gum. "I have been in a relationship before. I don't know why your trying to teach me how to do it."

Travis rolled his eyes, but didn't respond.

Katie popped a piece of gum in her mouth, and handed one to Lou Ellen (who was now off the ground and beside her), before yelling out "Nyssa!"

The daughter of Hephaestus looked up. The pack was suddenly sailing towards her, where Katie had purposely thrown it too high.

Will's hands were suddenly there under her feet, she didn't even need to say anything. She pushed off so he was holding her up, before jumping up and catching it. And of course, she did a flip on her way back towards the ground, just because she could.

She landed on her feet. And they say children of Hephaestus aren't graceful, she thought smugly. She turned to playfully glare at Katie.

"You have perfect aim, so I know you did that on purpose." Although, as she said this, she smiled, plucking out a piece of gum.

Katie shrugged her shoulders, as if to say "Oops."

"Oh my God!"

The girls had forgotten about the mortals watching them, in awe this time.

"You guys have crazy awesome reflexes," Ivan said.

"Sometimes I swear the guys aren't human," Kellen said. "Now I'm doubting you, too."