Chapter 9

When Katie woke up, her head was pounding. She groaned, attempting to roll over, only to realise her head was resting on someone's lap.

"Katie!" Lou Ellen's voice called out. She peeked her eyes open and saw a pair of shoes running towards her.

It was then the daughter of Demeter felt soothing fingers running gently through her hair and glanced up.

Travis, of all people, was looking down cautiously at her, gently running his hand down her hair. His eyes caught hers and Katie took a second to really look at his face. She caught the faint gold ring that outlined his bright blue iris's. There was a thin scar across his nose, and one peeking out from underneath his curls.

"Well, look who woke up," he whispered, a grin sliding over his face.

"Shut up," Katie muttered back, leaning into his hand and closing her eyes again.

But Nyssa's hands on her shoulders make her jerk forward, her eyes snapping open immediately. Her two best friends were hovering over her.

"Ohmygods! You're awake!" Nyssa cried, sucking in a gasp of relief.

"Now we can finally get the guys up," Lou sighed.

Katie's eyebrows furrowed, but as she glanced around, she saw what Lou meant.

Instead of being on the sidewalk in front of Kellen's house, they were now in what Katie assumed was a back yard.... a very big one at that.

It was more of a feild. A group of trees, almost a meadow, started a few yards away. A big truck was parked a bit away as well, the bed facing towards where Travis was sitting with Katie on the ground. It was piled with lawn chairs, the remaining pizza boxes, a couple bags with unknown items in them, and a cooler.

"Where are the gu....nevermind."

Katie had trailed off as she saw Travis' friends sitting, a bit lopsided, on s few of the lawn chairs that had been set up.

"When I wake them up, they should think that we've been setting stuff up," Lou Ellen said, getting up from her crouched position and jumping up into the bed of the truck. "Pretend like we've been unloading everything."

Connor came to stand in front of Lou Ellen, looking up at her from the ground. Nyssa walked over to the front of the truck, grabbing a few bags. Will grabbed a few chairs and started opening them.

Travis helped Katie up, steadying get as she swayed for a second. Katie grinned as Travis tugged her towards Connor and Lou, getting ready to grab a few bags.

"Want help?"

Katie nearly jumped as Kellen's voice rang out from the chairs. She glanced back, seeing all for boys looking completely at ease, as if nothing had happened. She looked back up at Lou, who winked in amusement at her.

"Nope, we right wanted to unload everything by ourselves," Nyssa called sarcastically from the front as she climbed back out of the truck.

While Max, Kellen, and Ivan got up with a chuckle, Dean leaned his chair back, balancing himself on the back of another empty one. "Gotcha."

"Hey guys!"

Hearing the voice of another girl, everyone turned to see.

...And then turned to see Dean, who had lost his grip and flailed backwards in his chair as he saw who it was.

"Hey Jen," Travis said from beside Katie.

Jen was a slender girl with wavy, dark, blonde hair and light blue eyes. She wore a simple maroon colored skirt and a tank top tucked underneath with sandals on her feet.

"Hi Nyssa," she said, wrapping the Daughter of Hephaestus in a hug.

"Jen, these are my friends, Katie and Lou Ellen," Nyssa said.

"Awesome to meet you! Daughters of Hecate and Demeter, right?" Jen asked, watching as surprised looks slipped onto their faces.

She laughed lightly. "Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me. My step dad is a son of Aphrodite, so I know about everything."

Katie breathed out a sigh of relief, chuckling softly. "Well then, nice to meet you."

Seeing the mischievous smirk that slid onto Nyssa's face, Katie raised an eyebrow. She glared discreetly at her friend seconds later as she felt a somewhat familiar pair of arms wrap around her and pull her back.

"Sorry to steal her from you, girls, nut I have something to show Kit-Kat," Travis said with a grin, before walking her away. Before they were completely out of sight, though, Katie caught sight of Jen smiling and bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Oh, dear gods, please help me Aphrodite.