the dance of dawn

" A what?" You ask, looking at Charlie. She had gathered everyone around, staff and guests, for an "announcement".
" A ball! It's been a few months since opening, and in two days it's going to be the seventh month! So I would like some people to spread the word, and some to help set up the ball. " Charlie rambles on. You look at alastor.
" She sounds like a little kid on Christmas. " You say to him. He laughs.
" I'll help make fliers! I've got a artistic touch. " Angel say, leaning on the wall.
" You can't put dicks on it. " Vaggie says, shooting him a glare. Angle mumbles, saying something about not wanting to do it any more. Nifty volunteers to do it, Charlie happily agrees.
" Can we help decorate? " You ask, alastor beams. " He's the only person who can reach up high. " You say, pointing the the red demon next to you. His smile glows.
" What can I say. " He says with a smile.
Mimzy sits in the corner, from the corner of your eye you see her staring at you and alastor. He expression you can't read very much, but you can tell it's not bitter.
" Can I help set up?" She asks.
Charlie happily agrees. You feel and claw wrap around your hand. Looking up, you see alastor, a worrisome expression behind his smile.
" It'll be alright my love. " You whisper to him, you tap his nose lightly. "Boop! "
He smiles, laughing a bit. " You always know how to make me smile dear. " He says.
Husk brups a bit. " I'll help set up too, I don't wanna fuckin walk around all day. " He says, taking a swig of whisky.
" Oh come on husk! You don't sound very excited about this. " Charlie pouts.
" What do you want me to say then? " He groans. You raise an eyebrow.
" That your so excited!" Charlie says, almost sings.
Husk sighs and clears his throat.
" iM sO eXcItEd. " Husk yells, you laugh so hard you almost pull alastor on the floor.
" Careful dear! " He says between laughs.
" Your like that furry! The one that was a kids book! " Angel says.
Vaggies haw drops.
" You did not just call our Lord and savior the cat in the hat a furry... " She dead pans.
This time, your lauging does drag you and alastor on the floor.
" You all are so stupid and I love it! " You yell, tears running down you cheeks from laughter.
" God damnit why did I say that... " Husk mutters.