Ch. 11 Main game 2

Start from the beginning

I stayed silent, wanting to see how it played out before intervening.

"...Yet it doesn't change that he can't be trusted. Everything from his history on is unclear! Unless you yourself speak your true colors, I will continue to..."

Shin cut him off, "Then I'm fine being the first candidate."

Alice was silent.

"After all, I.....am the Sacrifice." Shin confessed.

"What's that about?! Were you listening?! Talking about roles is for later...!" Alice shouted, this voice getting quieter at the end.

"Was there a rule against confessing your own?" Shin smiled.

"So I see..." Keiji murmured.

"Sorry, Keiji. I just didn't feel comfy letting you take the initiative. I know! I'll nominate the next suspicious person! How about that?" Shin smiled again.

Sara panicked , "You can't! An approach where whoever's chosen nominates the next person is just...!"

"Huh? Are you panicking, miss Sara?" Shin provoked.

"I'm not panicking...!" She lied.

"I nominate Kanna."

"Eh...?!"

My eyes widened in shock....he's got a plan, however I'm not sure what it is. All I can deduce is it's pretty risky.

"Everyone should already understand this. She's easily tricked, timid, and lacks ability. What does she even have besides sympathy?" Shin insulted Kanna.

The green haired girl was silent.

"Wasn't it you who tricked and used her?!" Alice yelled.

"...So, you're giving Kanna time to vindicate herself." Keiji commented.

This confused Shin, "Huh?"

"Sure thing. Let's have a discussion about Kanna's actions during the Death Game. So that we can trust her." Keiji nodded to himself.

"Kanna Kizuchi typically acted with him... Only Sou Hiyori can prove her actions." His eyes darted to me, "Y/n L/n was also there. Do you know something?"

Shin grinned, "Let's see... Kanna was dead weight the whole time. What a hindrance..."

"Hin... drance...?"

I decided to play along, "Oh yeah. She was just dragging us down. I didn't want her to feel bad so I made her think she was useful."

Kanna let out a small cry.

"Hmm... Kanna looks like she's pretty shocked to hear that." Keiji stated.

Kanna stared at me with glossy eyes.

'Play along.' I mouthed to her.

She sniffled slightly before nodding.

~*~

"Kanna... At first, she just holed up in Sou's room."
Q-taro started, "Though... Later in the trading phase... Did seem like she was acting alone."

"Is that true?" Sara questioned.

Q-taro crossed his arms, "But well, through said latter half... I was knocked out, so I hardly got a clue."

~*~

Kanna finally retorted, "Kanna... Kanna...!! She isn't a hindrance at all!! Sou's saying mean things just because he can do hacking, but... Wasn't Kanna the one who did hacking first?!"