~*~

All of the monitors in the monitor room were on showing AI's, expect for the broken ones.

"Meooow?! They're showing everybody, woof!!" Gin exclaimed.

"Huh...? What's the matter, everyone?" The Kanna AI asked.

"Yaaawn... Man I'm bored... You wanna talk about somethin'?"

"Hmph... You're awfully busy, it seems."

The AI's started having a conversation.

"...Huh... How interesting... Looks like the AI control system broke too. Sure enough, the hacking was a complete success." Shin commented.

"Are we leaving them like this, meow...?" Gin asked, tilting his head.

"...If you wanna say farewell, make it quick. I'll be in the lobby." Shin turned and headed towards the lobby, pulling me along with him.

~*~

Everyone was gather in the lobby.

"All right, everybody. Let's head for the exit!" Shin exclaimed.

"Wait! Is what you're saying true?!" Alice asked.

Shin just smiled, "I'll explain later... There's no time now."

"Everyone...! Let's trust Sou!" Kanna looked at everyone with pleading eyes.

"Whoever wants to escape, come to the stairs. ...If you wanna stay, I won't stop you." Shin turned to leave.

I grabbed onto his hand and intertwined our fingers. Shin looked shocked I was the one to initiate hand contact for once.

"I didn't say I wouldn't come along, you know!!" Alice grumbled, following after us.

~*~

"So you all came." I commented, noticing everyone had indeed followed us.

"Is there a way to escape over here...?" Sara asked, glancing at me and Shin.

"If you doubt me, check whatever looks suspicious!"

Sara walked around and then walked up to the venue machine.

As soon as she touched it, a passage appeared behind the vending machine.

"Well done...good detective skill as always." I smiled, masking my true emotions.

"The exit is straight ahead from here. The only doors keeping us from it are this vending machine, and the last exit door. And both of those use the exact same security." Shin exclaimed.

"Let's go! Before the Floor Masters interfere...!" Kanna said.

There's a large passage behind the vending machine.

Within the passage is an endless flight of stairs. Hurried yet careful, we advance step by step.

"Stay close to me, everybody." Shin warned.
Me, Shin and Kanna walked in front. Along the way, we notice doors on the sides. Lots of them, spaced some distance apart.

"I suppose these connect to the other floors..." Kanna pondered aloud.

"These are probably the victory stairs that only the survivors are allowed to climb... It must be built so that they can access these stairs no matter when the Death Game concludes." Shin concluded.