"Tha's Q-taro Burgerburg to you!!"

Sara decided to start questioning him, "What's your occupation?"

"Why would I answer you!?" Gonbee growled.

I shot him a glare.

"Fine fine!" He grumbled, "I'm a salary man."

"If you're gonna lie at least make it believable." I scoffed, "You may be able to fool others with your lies but not me."

"Urk...!!" Gonbee spluttered.

I pointed at his clothes, "That's a prison uniform. Am I wrong?"

My question was met with silence, which confirmed my suspicions.

"So, why were you hiding?" Sara asked.

"I finished my first trial and I was confused and I saw all of you. I hid." He sighed.

He didn't really know anything so we decided to untie him.

"Now then, should we go search for Nao all together?" Keiji asked.

"Y... Yeah, that's it! Let's split up and search!!" Reko was quick to agree.

"S-Sorry... I'm still not feeling great. Is it okay if I rest...?" Sou cut in.

"Aw hell... Gin, Kanna, you guys rest here too." It was apparent Reko had a soft spot for the two.

"O-Okay..." Kanna agreed.

Reko looked a bit on edge.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked.

"Ah!" She jumped not expecting me to suddenly talk to her, "Well actually, I don't know how I feel leaving Sou with them. I don't really trust him."

"Hmm is that so.." I commented.

"You really surprised me taking the lead like that. I don't know how you managed to intimidate him though. If someone else tried I'm sure we'd have been here longer." She grinned at me, "Maybe could you stay behind and look after Gin and Kanna. Gin seems to have taken a liking to you..."

"If it makes you feel better." I smiled.

She flashed me a grin before walking away.

"Guess we'll hold down the fort here, Gin...?" Sou smiled.

"I... I don't wanna, meow...!" Gin complained.

Gin pushed Sou away and approached me.

"Ah...I told Reko I'd stay here but maybe you can tag along with someone else?" I patted his head.

Gin nodded, "You already knew what I was going to say, meow."

He walked up to Sara, "Big sis Sara... I want you to take me, woof..."

"Got it. We'll look for Nao together." Sara walked off.

"Thanks... meow." Gin followed after her.

One after one, everyone left, leaving me, Sou and Kanna.

~*~

"Why did Gonbee answer to you so easily?" Sou tilted his head curiously.

I hummed in thought, "I'm quiet most of the time and basically never yell. It's more intimidating not to yell. So I guess when I'm demanding, they don't expect it and don't know much about me so they don't know what I'm capable of."