I-I

Note: this work incorporates events from DC movies and comics. My knowledge of the comics mainly stems from fanfiction, and you might see some (very minor) inconsistencies in the storyline later on. Additionally, the first 12 chapters have already been published on ao3 and tumblr under the name m3owww (note the 3 w's instead of 4!), so I'm really just playing catch-up here.

Enjoy!

Marinette Al Ghul was very, very angry

Half the League had staged a coup, killing many of the members still loyal to the Demon's Head. Her mother, Talia, was in a watchtower, rapidly shooting down the helicopters assaulting the compound.

And Ra's Al Ghul, the Demon's Head, lay on the floor in front of her, his body horrifically burnt. He was alive, but just. The work of Slade, his trusted right hand man.

Marinette hurries to Ra's' side as her twin draws his sword and attacks the traitor, anger fueling every one of Damian's attacks.

"I am sorry that I was never good enough, Ra's, but I am not sorry that you will be dead soon." She murmurs. Marinette stands up, the rage of the Pit burning inside her. These people want to kill her. Kill her brother. She refuses to let that happen.

She flips open her two steel fans and bares her teeth in a snarl as Slade swings at Damian, who blocks the blow, but the force of it sends him crashing into the building.

Marinette charges the man, fans glinting dangerously in the light. She dodges the first swing and delivers a swift kick to Slade's stomach, one fan slicing a cut across his right cheek. The second blow is intercepted by her fans. She is pushed back, her slim eleven year old body no match for a full-grown, very well-trained assassin.

Damian joins her and the onslaught of attacks from both of them sends Slade flying across the courtyard.

"So you're Talia's little bastards." He sneers. "Not bad for children, but no match for me."

"We shall see about that." Marinette hisses. The Pit rage inside her grows even larger, and she lets the madness control her movements. The steel fans whirl through the air as she flicks her wrists, spinning and kicking, pushing the man back under a balcony.

Damian understands her motive and slices through the support beams with his katana, sending a large amount of wood crashing down on Slade. When the traitor bursts upwards, Marinette feels satisfaction as Damian thrusts his blade into Slade's right eye.

"And now, your heart." He snarls. Slade parries Damian's blow and intercepts Marinette's swing with his armor, eliciting sparks.

Three spheres roll to a stop at Marinette's feet. They spew out black smoke, and the twins reflexively cover their noses with their sleeves as Slade makes his escape.

"I'll make you two suffer for this. Next time." Slade's voice rings all around them as they search blindly through the haze.

The smoke clears in time for them to see Slade being lifted out of the compound by a helicopter, with a man they recognize crouching in it, smirking.