Chapter 31 - Return

Start from the beginning

Y/n: 'My anxiety is building up quite fast today.'

He thought to him as a few sweats formed on his face, but they were all blown away by the wind created by Kansan, who ran ridiculously fast.

With time, they finally reached to Flügel's Tree. Here, they took a rest for tonight as it was evening, and the sun was going down, and the sky became orange. Letting out a yawn, he took a spoon of potato soup and drank it. It tasted ok.

A bit bland if you ask him, but it wasn't his fault that seasonings like salt and pepper could be so expensive. Then again, this was supposed to be a world in medieval Europe time, but with magic and other races.

Then the night came as he lied down on the grass field, staring at the bright and beautiful stars above him. He wondered what he should say when he arrived back at the mansion. 'Hello? I'm back?', 'Sorry that I've left without saying goodbye?' There were many things he could say, but he didn't want to make some long-ass complicated excuses.

Letting out yet another yawn, he went to bed and fell asleep.

***

Few days have passed smoothly, he have finally arrived to Arlarm Village. Deciding to hide his identity, he hid myself under the cloak.

While riding on his way to Rosawaal's mansion, he couldn't help but to become attentive when he saw a carriage with dried blood stained on the rider's seat. Not to mention those knives... He quickened the pace as they continued on their way to Rosawaal's mansion when Kansan suddenly stopped moving.

Wondering what was wrong with her, he jumped off and saw a scared expression on her. Noting that she wouldn't be able to walk any further and that something bad was happening, he quickly started to run towards the mansion on his own.

Reaching over to the mansion, he didn't stop and continued to run towards Emilia's study room where he felt a familiar mana there. Opening the door with a loud thud! He saw Beatrice looking at him with a flat expression as if she had been expecting him to come to her.

Y/n: "Beatrice... Where's... Subaru? And Emilia?"

I said exhausted.

Beatrice: "If you're looking for them, it's too late, I suppose."

Y/n: "What do you mean by that-"

Suddenly, he felt a chill all over his body as he fell down to his knees. His breath became heavy as sweats started to form all over his body.

Beatrice: "Your heart is getting slower. If you plan to die, at least do it another place where I can't see you, I suppose."

A portal was opened beneath him as he fell down. The last thing he could see was Beatrice's sad face before he found himself in a new place. Falling down, he hit some branches as scratch marks appeared on his body as he continued to fall down.

*Thud!

Reaching to the ground, he had scratches all over him as he felt pain in every inch of his body before forcefully turning himself to the side. He looked up and saw several beautiful stars that shone in the dark.

Even when he was at death's door again, he felt somehow relaxed just by looking at the star before closing his eyes.

***

When he opened his eyes again, he found himself in the same place yet again. Without saying anything, he got his carriage ready and decided to head back to the capital of Lugnica.

Not long after, he finally reached the gate where he paid the owner of a stale for Earth Dragons to take care of Kansan for a few days. He had also sold the carriage he owes since he won't need it now.