Prolouge

Adrianna stood across the lake, looking over at her city in ruins. Her home was taken over by another. The city council was now out of reach and in the control of Klaus Mikaleson and his family. But most importantly she lost her friends in that city, the ones she protected-the ones she saved. The laid in bloody heaps now, including Zach.

Henry walked behind her placing a hand on her shoulder. He didn't say anything to Adrianna, he didn't know what to say. She had already lost her city, her home, a large percent of her friends, and now her boyfriend. He knew that she blamed herself for what happened her, but he knew here better than anyone, so she would take revenge on the Mikaelson family.

Mallory walked on the other side of Adrianna, looking at Henry for permission before saying anything. He nodded at her telling her it was alright. "You have to say something to them," she told Adrianna softy.

Adrianna was brought out of her trance for the first time that night. The city lights reflected off the lake, human laid in there beds with the unknown destruction that laid on the streets and somewhere Zach's body laid with them. Adrianna turned around to face her friends. They were beaten, tired, and most of all scared. Adrianna did not know what to say to them, truthfully she was scared herself, but she had to be strong for her family.

"I'm so sorry this happened to all of you," Adrianna's voice was weak but full emotions. She inhaled deeply to recompose herself, "But this isn't it. Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war. We will make new allies, we will take back our city and show Klaus what we can do. We will do this for everyone we lost, for Zach. I intend on resuming my place as your leader."

Henry wrapped an arm around his friend's arm and looked onto his family. "Let's get out of here and get some rest."

Henry led Adriana across town giving her a smile but she did no smiling. She wouldn't be smiling until she had Klaus' head on a silver platter.

••••

Playlist
i. All These Things I've Done • The Killers
ii.  Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns • Mother Love Bone
iii. Monkey Wrench • Foo Fighters
iv. Sympathy for the Devil • The Rolling Stones
v. Out of the Black • Royal Blood
vi. Codependence • Sixx:A.M.