Chapter One; Killings

Adrianna Harris walked into her best friend's, apartment. He was strung across the couch, a bottle of beer at his side. Adrianna shook her head at him before going over and pulling the blinds open letting the small amount of Seattle sunshine trickle into the room.

Henry moaned, rolling onto the floor. "Adrianna, what the hell?"

"Get up we have a meeting with the council in twenty minutes," Adrianna told him.

"Why can't Zach go with you?" Henry asked looking up her, but sheilding his eyes from the sun.

"Because, unlike you, Zach is out training new vamps." Adrianna told him.

"Alright," Henry said standing up. His clothing was disheveled with lipstick stains on his cheeks.

"You might want to wipe off your face," Adrianna smirked at him.

Henry looked up at her and began to wipe it off with the back of his hand, "Better than blood, remeber that."

"Trust me Henery, I will."

Henry walked into his small bedroom to get dressed as Adrianna began to pick up trash on the floor. "Looks like you threw a frat party in here," Adrianna yelled into the bedroom.

"It's just me." Henry called back to her.

"That the problem," Adrianna mumbled to herself. Ever since Mallory left, Henry has been nothing but drunk and quiet. He barely left his apartment, only to feed and and occasional trip to Kelsey's. Although it is better than him without his hummanity.

When Adrianna first met Henry it was 1930, he was emotionless and alone. His blood covered his blonde hair and his baby blue eyes were lustfull for blood. According to him, an unknown man turned him, leaving him figure out being a vampire by himself. He killed his entire family, leaving him emotionless until he came to Seattle and Adrianna found him.

Henery walked out of his room, dressed with a pair of aviators over his baggy eyes. "I'm ready,"

Adrianna eyed him, "Good, now come on we don't want to keep the council waiting."

••••

Adrianna and Henry walked into the small basement of the old Harris house. It was one of the oldest in the city, now use as a small museum in the city, but for years it has been used as the meeting place for the supernatural and humans.

It was good politics, Adrianna told Henry. He never understood the point for a couple of people knowing up the supernatural take over of the city but he didn't question it.

Adrianna set up the council over a hundred years ago when the werewolves and vampires got into a fight, resulting in a loss of heavy casualties, both human and supernatural. The humans needed answers, so Adrianna went to five of the most prestigious families in the city, the Carter's, the Halm's, the Collins', the Denny's, and the Low's. The secret of the supernatural was passed on generation to generations, so the meetings kept happening.

"Sorry we are late, Henry over here had a late night," Adrianna smiled slightly at the older men sitting at the table.

"No worries, dear," Mr. Denny smiled at her.

Out of all the men of the council, Adrianna liked him the most. He treated her like an actual person and not a killing machine.

"So you called the meeting what's up?" Adrianna asked as her and Henery took a seat at the table.

"A few deaths had occurred last night. We had an agreement, you and your kind would not kill, as long as we keep your secret." Mr. Carter said.

"Wasn't my guys," Adrianna said crossing her arms over her chest, "How were they found?"

"Drained of blood," Mr. Low shook his head.

"That's not all," Mr. Denny said, looking between them.

"What?" Henery asked.

"Two bodies were found with there hearts ripped outwere found in the woods, right around where the wolves are." Mr. Denny told them.

"Well, it definitely wasn't us, we don't go near the wolves." Adrianna said, curiosity running through her head.

"Then who else?" Mr. Halm asked.

"Other vampires?" Henry suggested.

Adrianna shook her head, "They couldn't of gotten pass us."

"Then who else could it be Miss Haris?" Mr. Carter asked flooding his hands on the table.

••••

"There's my girl!" Zach beamed as Adrianna walked over to him. He pulled her into a kiss as he slung an arm around her shoulder.

Adrianna took the seat next to him flagging Kelsey over. Kelsey saw her friend and began to walk over Adrianna and Zach. "What can I get ya darlin'?" Kelsey asked her.

"Give me a beer." Adrianna sighed.

"You got it." Kelsey said walking behind the bar.

"Where's Henry?" Zach asked.

Adrianna motioned to the pool table, where he was making out with another girl. She sighed before resting her head on the bar.

"What's wrong babe?" Zach asked pulling her close to him.

"Long day, and I have to talk to them about something," Adrianna told him gesturing around the bar full of vampires. "How was your day?"

Zach shrugged, "They made some process, I give it another week before they can go on the front line and we can probably stop recruiting."

Adrianna shook her head, "No, we need more."

Zach looked at her, with a confused expression on his face. Kelsey came back placing to beer bottles on bar.

"I'll explain," Adrianna said standing up on the bar stool. She took a sip before handing it back to Zach.

"Listen up!" Adrianna yelled at the vampires in the bar, "I was just informed about four killing that happened last night, two human drained of blood, and two wolves with there hearts ripped out. If any of you guys know anything tell me, immediately. Thank you for your time, now get back to your previous activities."

"Do you think it was really one of our guys?" Zach asked.

Adrianna shook her head, "No I think someone got under our noses, but we will find out who, and when we do, we'll kill them."

Zach smiled, "Let's get back home, we can deal with this tomorrow."

Adrianna nodded, "Let's go.

••••

Adrianna laid in her bed fast asleep. Her head rested on Zach's bare chest. He laid awake playing with her hair. His eyes were wondering out of the window. It was raining again in the streets of Seattle but Zach loved nothing more, he had his girl and the city he loved.

Outside, a man stood under a black umbrella looking up into the same window, Zach was gazing out of.

"What are you doing out in the rain?" A man asked the other one.

"Elijah, what brings you to this part of the country?" The man asked.

"May I ask you the same Niklaus?" Elijah asked.

"I'm here to take the city."