Home

Lucas collapses on the bed, tired from his night and day job. But tis' the life of a villain who likes being a doctor!

He draws out his phone from his back pocket, checking any of his messages- happily, he doesn't have any. He sighs out of relief, sitting up as he peels off the chameleon face mask.

He looks at the mask with a slight grin. It was a mask made by one of the heroes 'sidekicks' when he told her he wished he could change his appearance so people can stop staring at him(when in reality his boss asked for him to show his appearance).

The hero, Jene(A play on words for genes due to the hero's skill for changing her genes) had a sidekick who was quite intelligent and was able to make this mask that changes the face structure that makes your face, but not the amount of melanin you have. For his hair, he just styled it differently and for his eyes, he added contact lenses. The mask felt rather has a gel-like feel and very sticky too. It was basically a sheet mask.

'Great. New job, higher difficulty.' thought Lucas. Already tired and ready wanting to just have a day-off.

Lucas strips off his outfit, throwing it into his laundry basket, scoring a 2-pointer. With a grin at the win, he takes his silky, maroon red robe slip it on with ease, loving the feel of the sleek fabric. With a stride to the bathroom, he turns on the faucet, feeling the water till it becomes the perfect temperature.

As it becomes a pleasant temperature, he opens the sinks cabinet and takes out a bath bomb(because everyone needs to use a bomb!), dumping it into the bathtub, watching it fizz and bubble.

He thinks over his new assignment.

'Let us see what my to-do list is going to say this year. First, I need to get Detective Ruthermore off Boss's back, then get information about the Skill Suppressing collars. After that, organize a group and steal the SSC's. Then- cause arson.' schemes Lucas, a grin slowly spreading on his face. Arson isn't actually part of the plan that the boss told him to do- but why not go out with a bang? Why not cause fear? The boss wouldn't mind- honestly... the boss might get ideas

Anyway's, the fizzing stopped and Lucas mixed the soap and water together. Now the bath bomb is now the colour of blossoms with roses floating about.

Letting the robe slip off, he steps into the tub and his whole body just seemed to relax - all the stress from working in the hospital and on the streets seemed to be forgotten...

Or so he thought.

Brrriiing! Brrriiing!

"Ugh... Shut up."

Lucas, grudgingly, got out of the tub as he pats his body dry. Sliding on the robe, he drags his way to his night table. Pick up his phone and checks the missed call.

'Detective Barnes'

Lucas crosses his legs, an amused smile playing on his face. He hums to himself as he plots on what is a good way to interact with the handsome detective. He's going to need the help of Ace anyways.

He presses the call button, waiting patiently for Ace to pick up.

Ace picks up, his soothing bass like harmonic melody, "Ace Barnes."

Lucas smiles, but his voice stays emotionless and monotone, "Hello, detective. May I ask what is so important that you called me two times?"

Lucas could hear the harsh wind blowing against the mic of the phone, "Ah. Sorry to bother you, Dr.-"

"Lucas."

"Sorry?"

"When I'm not working, call me Lucas."

"Ah. Thank you."

Lucas: Mm.

Lucas could hear Ace clear his throat, "Ahem. Uhm... Yes. I apologize for bothering you, but I was going to ask for your help. But that matter has already been settled... If anything. I have a question for you."

"Mm."

"Uhm, I have heard you have been plagued with patients since the new criminal, Lucifer, has popped out. I can't help but ask if you are feeling well? If the doctor can't take care of himself, how can he take care of his patients?"

"A reasonable concern. I am tired, but not tired enough for me to drop."

"I... I see. If I can ask, when are you free?"

"2 weeks from now."

"Sorry?" Ace asks in surprise.

"I'll be on break for 2 weeks from now."

"Oh."

Lucas silently chuckles to himself, he can basically see the detective's shoulders slump down, shuffling his feet. How adorable.

"Is that all, detective?" Lucas questions.

"Ah?" Ace perks up from his sad cloud, "Oh, Uhm... Yes."

"Okay. Goodbye."

"Goo-"

Click

Lucas hangs up on the call, trudging back to his bathroom, removing the plug of his bathtub, shuddering slightly from the now cold water.

Watching the colourful water drain out, he feels all his tranquil peacefulness drain out too. All his stress comes back like a wave and he slowly feels like he sometimes regrets working in the medical field...

But at the same time, he remembers all the smiles he gets and how accomplished he feels when he helps a person.

He may be a villain, or vigilante or whatever the news calls him, but he took an oath to save lives.

And he will never ignore someone who's in need.

But everyone needs a break from time to time.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm finished and I know I promised you all that I will finish this like- 100 years ago, but I had something come up.

BUT I GOT IT FINISHED!