xvi. everybody knows

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ everybody knows

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ everybody knows

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ I thought I was just seeing things. ❞

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN," Martin chuckled sarcastically.

It had been about an hour, and they were still on the road. Martin, Simone, Lea, and Patrick sat in the very back. Rasmus and Kai were sleeping in the middle. The soldiers were in the front.

Simone looked over to him, confused, "What are you talking about?"

She wanted to talk to her brother and Kai; ask about how they were feeling. She knew that lately, they all hadn't been very close, at least with her. She could tell that they had changed since they came back. They would keep to themselves and were very touchy-feely. It even made her think that they were together; maybe they were and didn't tell her yet. It would explain why Rasmus was very irritable with her; he never left Kai's side. He would think of her before anything else, and to think of it, so did Kai with Rasmus.

Kai, on the other hand, was like a different person. She was reckless and did things without thinking, at least in her Simone's eyes. But under all of that, she saw how she was hurting, especially after Beatrice's death.

Finding out about how special her brother and her newfound sister was, shocked her beyond belief. Not to mention that this whole time her sister had these extraordinary but very terrifying abilities.

"What I mean is, haven't you thought about the things that happen when she's around, " Martin said, sparking the interest of Lea and Patrick. Simone thought for a moment.

Seeing that she wasn't answering, Martin elaborated, "Remember when Rasmus stepped in that puddle."

"and you tried to shoot him," Simone rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, When we were standing there, I didn't know it at the time, but her eyes went dark. Like, pitch black..." he paused.

"I thought I was just seeing things."

"The mirror back at the other bunker... it was broken when I woke up that morning," Lea added.

"She could have just punched it or threw something at it. Rasmus punched one at our original bunker," Simone said.

"Yeah, but back to what I was saying. That day for the first time, my gun was shaking. I'm never nervous when holding one, so I thought it was weird. It had to be her," he said, looking at Patrick.

"The weather always acts up. When Martin killed that infected woman and when he was going to shoot her," Partick adds. He remembered the dark look she gave him when he was trying to convince Martin to shoot her. It still gave him chills.