•Twelve•

We went inside The Rink and they was playing Salt Shaker by the Ying Yang Twins.

"Ayyy lets get some skates and shake some asssss!" I cheered.

"I'm down for skates but I ain't shaking no ass." Reggie shook his head.

We went to the counter  and were ordering our skates when out of the corner of my eye, I saw King and some of his friends walk in the building.

"What the fuck!" I huffed.

The guys followed my eyes and then made eye contact with each other.

"I'M SPRUNGGGG NOW SHE GOT MEEEEEEEE." They howled in unison.

"Shut up and let's go put on these skates." I rolled my eyes.

As I was putting on my skates, King saw me and I knew because I felt his eyes burning a hole into my back.

But I refused to give him any attention. He swore on his life that he didn't feel anything towards me so we gonna see if that's really true.

"Let's go!" I pulled Alec and Keem up and headed toward the rink.

Salt Shaker was still playing  so I got my ass to skating. I dipped down to the beat and shook my ass.

"Period queen!" Iaja one of my older friends yelled from the side of the rink.

"Ahhh yesss girl when did you get here?" I questioned.

Iaja was a 21 year old college student that went to Hartington Community. I met her through Reggie way back when he was trying to cuff her not knowing she was way older than us.

"Hey girl, I see you tearing it up out there. And so does somebody else." She pointed to King.

"Girl, I am not thinking  bout him." I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch you know him? How the hell?" Iaja's eyes got wide.

"Girl yeah, that's Malcolm best friend. Plus he swear he don't like me but yet he followed me here and we kissed last night." I leaned against the wall and wined to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira and Wyclef.

"Lemme find out you into older men." Iaja looked me up down.

"Girl get some skates and let's tear this bitch down." I cheered.

She went over to get her skates and I took my chance to get me a slushie.

I went over to the snack bar and I tried to walk past King but he put his hand around my wrist and stopped me from skating.

"Nigga what the hell?" I mugged him.

"Why you out there showing out?" He questioned simply.

"King if I'm not mistaken, you not supposed to be here. So I'm really tryna understand why the same night I'm doing my thing you show up and that ain't never happen before?" I questioned with a smirk on my face.

"I'on know what you talking bout bruh. Me and my partnas just here having some fun." He lied.

"Whatever King." I walked over to the snack bar.

I got a lemonade slushie and made my way back over to Iaja.

"Hey girl you ready to skate?" She eyed me and King.

"Yessss let's go. And don't mind him like I said." I looped my arm in hers.

We got on the rink and started skating. Thats when Alec and nem swarmed us.

"Oh shit hey Iaja." Keem gave her a head nod.

The guys all lowkey had a lil crush on Iaja, except Reggie of course, he couldn't stand her.

"Hey y'all wassup! Where Reg big head ass at?" She looked around.

"He ain't wanna come over cause he still mad bout what happened." Syrus chuckled.

Three years ago back when Reg was tryna scoop Iaja, he was a freshmen and she was a senior,  Iaja really just played him so he would do her homework and projects, and buy her lunch. Yes it was wrong but we did tell him it would never happen because Iaja was way older. Did he listen? No. 

Once he figured it out, we had all grown to like Iaja and he was bitter ever since.

"Child, I was young and dumb Reggie need to get over it." She rolled her eyes.

We were about to skate together when shots bussed out throughout the rink.

Immediately I got down dragging Iaja down with me.

Me, Iaja, Alec, Keem, and Syrus were huddled on the floor on our stomaches.

"Where they coming from?!" Alec yelled.

"Front door! Front door!" Iaja yelled back.

We crawled behind the barrier between the rink and the carpeted floor, towards the back door.

I was looking for the origin of the shots when King ran over and picked me and put me over his shoulder. He was ducking down, which made me suprised by how strong he was.

"Come on!" He yelled at the rest of them.

He took his gun out and scanned the perimeter.  I guess it was clear cause he jogged toward the back door, with my friends running behind him.

We got outside and his truck was waiting. He put me down and I turned to my friends.

"Yall straight?" I asked them.

Everybody was checking to make sure they ain't get hit.

"Alright everybody please get home safe and call me when y'all get home." I quickly hugged all of them and got in King's car.

"Can't even fucking go out and skate no more." I sighed, texting in the group chat to make sure Reggie was straight.

"I told yo ass, shit ain't always sweet, Kai. But you wanna shake ya ass and be hard headed." He hissed speeding away from The Rink.

"So you was watching me shake my ass?" I questioned with a smirk on my face.

His whole demeanor dropped.

"Man, you play too much bruh." He shook his head.