figure it out, s. daichi (♔)

a/n: this one is a fem reader and i can't change it because of the plot. sorry, it'll make sense once you read.
-

~ᴘʀᴇss ᴘʟᴀʏ~

•••

•••

748 words

your pov
-

i sat on the bathroom floor with my heart racing. palms sweaty and hands shaking. i was so nervous and either answer it gave me would effect me immensely. i thought of the many outcomes. would he be mad, upset, uncomfortable? i didn't really know how he was going to react. and it terrified me to even think about how i would tell him.

suddenly my phones timer went off, making me jolt. it had been 10 minuets since i'd taken the test. i shakily sat up from the floor as i reached for the stick not wanting to turn it over. i flipped it and started to tear up.

"positive" i couldn't believe it. what was i gonna tell him. we were only 20 years old and we had been dating for 2 and a half years. my heartbeat quickened as i didn't know how he was going to react to what i was about to say to him and how to break him the news.

"honey i'm home!" daichi yelled from downstairs as he walked in the house.

"shit" i whispered as i opened the bathroom door with my shaky hands.

"hey babe" he said as he saw me walking down the stairs.

"hey" i said as my voice broke.

"baby what's wrong" he came up to me and engulfed me in a hug which seemed to call me down a bit.

"i um.. have something to-uh show you" i squeaked out. i could tell he sensed my nerves.

"what is it babygirl you can tell me anything" he smiled at me softly.

"okay, well um, im kind of pregnant" i blurted out.

"your what?" he said stunned.

"im pregnant" i said a bit louder and looked down at my hands which were holding the test. he looked down at it too.

——————————————————-

daichi's pov

she's pregnant?! this is gonna change our lives forever. i didn't know how to react. i've always wanted kids, but not now. i didn't want them yet. i had a small freak out for a few seconds when i realized, whether i wanted them or not, i was having a kid, and soon.

i noticed it had been a while since either of us had said anything and i looked down at y/n.

"i'm sorry" she squeaked out with teary eyes.

"baby look at me" i said. she still looked down. i knew she didn't like to cry in front of people, she felt vulnerable.

i cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead before pulling her into a hug.

"princess, i know this is a big change, and it's going to affect our lives greatly. but im gonna be here with you the entire time. this is our baby and i know it's a big responsibility but there's nothing to be sorry about. the whole reason your pregnant is because of me." i chuckled trying to lighten her mood.

it worked and she smiled back at me.

"we're gonna get through this and raise this baby together okay? it's going to be tough at times, i know it is, but we're gonna push through it. and in the end we'll be rewarded with a beautiful baby." by the time i was done saying all of that she started crying.

"i love you so much daichi. i was so scared to tell you because i didn't know how you were going to react, but im so happy this is how you me taking it. i was getting really worried you were going to leave me." she sniffled.

"baby i could never. this is gonna be a lot for us, i know, but we're gonna figure it out. i'd never leave you alone with something like this. nothing can tear us apart love" i reassure her.

she buried her head in my chest while hugging me tightly. i kissed the top of her head taking in this whole moment. i was going to have a baby with the love of my life.

"i love you dadchi" she whispered chuckling about the nickname.

"i love you more than you could imagine y/n" i rubbed her back and held her even closer to me.

•••

•••

❤️❤️

a/n: i'm trying to match up the song with the story as best i can. thanks for reading, love you ∞