Five

You looked around and found that Stark and Banner were no longer working on the scepter. "What's going on?" You asked.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury said. You stood, making your way to the table with the scepter without looking at it.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." He said to Fury.

"Oh, shit." You muttered under your breath.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature right now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce told him.

You muttered again, "Oh, shit."

They were tracking the cube, yes. And they would get the cube, yes. But you are also a part of the Tesseract, a rather large part of it, and you might be tracked in the process.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Stark looked at the computer and asked, "What is Phase 2?"

Steve entered the room then, dropping an air rifle. Everyone's attention turned to a pissed super soldier. "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons." He turned to Stark, "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"Rogers, we've gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-"

He was cut off by Stark, "I'm sorry, Nick." He turned the screen to face Fury so he would look at it.

"What, were you lying?" Stark asked.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve told him.

Natasha and Thor walked in the room then. Natasha's eyes were trained on a now pissed Banner.

"Did you know about this?" He asked her.

Natasha answered instead, "You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?"

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty we removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

Fury pointed at Thor, "Cause of him."

They continued arguing and you were finding it harder to keep up with everything. You stepped away from the group.

Thor and Fury were arguing, then Thor, Fury, and Steve. Then Stark joined them. Then Stark and Steve were at each other's throats.

Then everyone was in a tangle. A big mess of fighting and bickering like senseless children. You were overwhelm, the air was getting too thick to you. In that moment, you would rather have been in the cube.

Speaking of which, you'd been away from it for so long you found yourself feeling slightly drained. The fighting wasn't helping.

You turned, the scepter starting to glow and the stone pulsing. Bruce had backed into the table unknowingly and started grabbing the scepter.

You grabbed it first and moved it from his grasp. All eyes were on you now, watching your movements.

"Y/N?" Steve asked slowly.

You had to take a moment to calm down, the tension so thick, it was like cutting cold butter.

"Put the scepter down." He told you.