Prologue

The sun peeked through my large mediterranean window's urging me to wake up or else i would be late for my cousins birthday, but i couldn't bring myself to do it so i bury myself deeper into the cloudy duvet.

Just as i was drifting back to sleep the door opend and someone jumped on my bed and i heard someone open up the curtains so the light could invade my room.

"Miss Audrey you must get ready you will be late for your cousins birthday "i recognised the voice as Mrs. Lee my maid and friend,she pulled the duvet while Scruff my sweet annoying dog filled me with his wet morning kisses,
"You dont want to upset her on this special day do you?"

I sigh pulling Scruff for a hug,
"I don't think it would matter if i wasn't going and she wouldn't mind,she would enjoy the attention and i wouldn't be there to 'steal it' as she puts it so i dont see why i should bother"

Mrs. Lee shakes her head and takes out my out fit for the birthday and lays it on the bed.

"She is family and no matter how annoying she may be she will always be family,and you know your grand parents would be upset if you dont,so do them and me a favour and get ready,ok."

Mrs. Lee was always the rational person, i would always go to her for advice on my family and ofcourse my grandparents were there, but sometimes you need a friend to confide to and Mrs. Odett Lee was the one.

"Ok" i mumble "but dont expect anything else"

She smiled and shook her head,
"Wouldn't expect nothing more or less from you,now dress up and I'll bring you breakfast because you have already missed it and you're grandparents aren't pleased about it"
she turned to leave and closed the door behind her.

Scruff wriggled out of my hold and left through the doggy door,i got up to wash and dress myself and see what the day brings.
********************************************************

I was heading down stairs welcoming the guests with my grandparents. Grandpa was neatly dressed as usual in his navy tailored suit with a crisp white shirt and a matching tie, his thick grey hair was styled back, not much emotion was displayed on his face but i noticed a proud and happy look on his fading blue eyes.

My grandma on the other hand was fabulous as always her hair gray with remaining strands of brown closed up in a fashionable shaped bun and a beautiful diamond comb.she wore a stunning maroon floor length dress,her lips were a light shade of red and her hazelnut coloured eyes shone in the light.

When i approached thay bothe smiled proudly at me especially grandma because she picked the dress for me.

"Oh darling you look stunning, i told you i still have a hand in fashion,come hear" she said pulling me into a warm embrace.
I was wearing an amazing black sequence knee length dress with blood red high heels that match with my lips,my brown waist length locks were curled, my face was daubed with a light smokey eyed makeup that made my chocolate eyes pop.

"You look beautiful sweet heart" grandpa said pulling me into a hug too,i pull away
"You guys look amazing as always how do u do it?"i ask smiling
" your grandma of course, even though she's loose sometimes she's always stunning and I agree with the fashion theory" he says smiling at her.
"come on lets go to the ballroom and meet the guests" he said pulling us to the entrance of the large room.

The ballroom was covered with black and gold accented furniture and other exotic trinkets, it looked beautiful but in my opinion it was too extra and that's exactly what my cousin is 'extra'.She thinks that she has the need to impress everyone thats why we fight sometimes, she pushes herself too much for my liking.

There were people filled everywhere some conversing with each other,others critics of whats nice and bad,the flirts,shy, confident,jealous and the list goes on.

I as usual would be at the food table avoiding people and not drawing any attention, but that's impossible because it seems I'm an attention magnet, it's really frustrating when you're a person who likes to communicate with your food in peace.

"Miss Audrey Armados its a pleasure to see you again, we never really got to talk the last time we met" my shoulders slightly slumped with annoyance of not being left alone, I turned on my chair and plastered a fake delighted smile and showed a hint of annoyance on my face.

"Jimmy...sorry that was rude,Mr. Jameson and im sorry for what happened last time, i had matters that needed my immediate attention" i said with so much sincerity.

He chuckled and leaned forward so that his lips were on my ear
"More important that you left me standing in front of everyone with shrimp stew all over me, that was really peculiar of you or maybe you did that on purpose" he asked pulling back.

Jameson is a smart tall guy who everyone thinks is cute, he is good-looking but really annoying and knows his way to your nerves, that is why I did what I did last time.
" you cant realy blame me can you" i say, pouting my way out of this.
"You may excuse me i have 'matters' that need my immediate attention" i gave him a sweet smile and left for my grandpa.

I found him frantic and knew what, better yet who he was looking for,
" sweetheart have you seen y..." i smile knowingly, this always happens grandma can't in any way stay still greeting and gossiping with people to save her life just like me.

"she's probably by the food court, you should know that by now after all these years together"
but his expression didn't relax as i expected,
"Iv checked every corner in this room she's not here, i sent the guards to look for her,can you check your cousins room,maybe she's with her,ill make sure the guests are fine."with that we went our separate ways.

*****************
I rushed up the stairs through the many corridors that make me dread the massive-ness of this house, a moan abruptly ended my strides.

I turned the corner and found my grandma on her back beside a broken vase, i hurried beside her and saw that she had a bruise on her forehead, i checked her pulse it was ok, i shook her
" grandma, grandma what happened are you ok ,who did this to you.." i stopped my ranting when i heard something, it was coming from the east wing.
I froze in place when i felt a cold grip on my arm i looked down and saw that she was still conscious, she was saying something but i couldnt hear, i leand in a bit "find..Laura..danger" she struggled saying, i was about to ask what she meant when a sickening scream pierced the silence "go..now" she urged and i took off running.

As i neared Laura's room dread seemed to soak in to me, the door was ajar and i could make out the voices of a man and a whimpering cry from what i assume was my cousin's, i slowly entered wanting to use the element of surprise.
I looked to my cousin and gestured for her to be quite and play along," why are you doing this" she cried
" you dont know this but your grandfather stole something very rare that belongs to us and we want it back" said the man with the black hair and scared face and elaborate skull tattoo on his bicep.

I looked around for something like a weapon and found nothing,then i remembered my heels, i hated these things but im glad i wore them.
I took one out and tiptoed towards the assassin.
before i had the chance something hit my head real damn hard and made the world sway. I fell to the ground and heard Laura scream in pain, the last thing i saw was the assassin and a masked man dragging Laura away, i tried getting up but my body was not responding so i lay their slowly letting unconsciousness consume me.
****************
Hope u like this new adventure were starting together so hold on..

Plz comment ur crazy thoughts and vote
Thx see u soon.❤