Can I Just Rant?? - Msg to Wattpad // A/N

WARNING: BIG RANT AHEAD.

I genuinely don't know if my future lemon one shots will too explicit 一

I'm assuming and hoping that they aren't? And, if I do get a notif from wattpad about any of my future lemons being so, I'll rewrite it and censor it more so it can still stay up here for ya'll to read, okay? Haha. (sadly I can't be too explicit because it'll interfere with Wattpad guidelines)

Anyways, viewers: These one-shot are NOT made to promote any sort of glorification towards sex. The purpose of writing x-reader one-shots or any fanfics in general are made solely for the pure enjoyment of fans, writers and readers both included in their own way, be the one-shot stands as a simple lemon, fluff or angst scenario.

I question as to why make a guideline for how explicit one's writing can get. Obviously encouraging a topic like sexual violence is absolutely out of morals, but those are only the few off of this platform that actually intend to encourage it, and that alone is a completely different topic to argue against. HOWEVER, the purpose of even having a 'mature' option to begin with is that you know for a fact that the content in the story is rated 18+.

I can name a few writing websites that actually make this clear: Webnovel, Inkitt, AO3 一 Writers post disclaimers that warn their readers ahead of time about any topic that may be too graphic for their readers. We even list these topics as the genres of our story to ensure that our readers know for sure how sensitive the content in our books are. It is listed underneath "mature" for a reason, because we expect that if the content is too sensitive for others then only those who can handle the severity of these topics will read it. You don't expect someone to write a full blown smut of two people having sex loudly in a car by a parking lot, and expect the content to be listed under 'immature'. It's about the logic of common sense here.

As the platform creators, there is no reason for Wattpad to punish these writers for no absolute real reason. This platform is owned by your company. These writers that write these same exact pieces that may contain lemons or smuts, are the ones pulling in a bigger audience that joins your platform, the exact one you own.

It may not be big, but most of them are small writers. All of these small writers in their own way of self promoting your platform by writing content for you, as little of influence as it may be. They promote it by posting the fact that they updated a new chapter or one-shot off of social media. They even promote it to their own peers that join the platform just because they know the writer personally, and want to read that writer's content.

At the end of the day, all of these millions of writers don't even really gain an inch of money from writing. If they're lucky, their content will blow up, but remember that, that is the few.

Wattpad, it is your platform, you make the profit off of all of these small writers, and the fact that you will punish these writers over what? A few works of smut or lemon? That the reader personally chose (and could not, and could never be forced), is ridiculous.

I've seen two one shot books post about having to censor or delete their content (and move to another platform) over this, which is why I wanted to bring it up.

I genuinely believe that it's not okay and that this issue needs to be fixed.

Also, Wattpad was originally a Canadian-owned platform before the platform became global, so I know that that "freedom of the press" is a thing okay, lol. We have a right to express our ideas, and that right over people just wanting to enjoy themselves by writing pure smut shouldn't be a right that is taken away, because reality is that things like adultery and BDSM is a thing; sex in general is a thing even without all of that melodramatic bit.

So there's nothing new here, honestly.

And, if I do get reported or get a warning over expressing my own beliefs, well, freedom of speech is also a thing, haha. And, honestly, it morally cannot be taken away. Just like how we morally shouldn't be punishing writers over small things like this.

I refuse to delete this, if by chance that this does get reported of the sort by someone, or someone that works for Wattpad amazingly crosses it one day. It's to let you guys know why I am willing to write lemons if requested.

Anyways, guys, I'm leaving my rant like this. See you.

~ Yours truly.