The Vogue

"I can't fucking believe it!" A cold breath of air entered the Denny's as Krist stormed in, plopping down beside Tracy and I at the bar.
"My fucking parents won't let me go to the Vogue on Friday," He said angrily. "This was supposed to be my chance to play my first real gig! Like, real, real!"
"Why won't they let you go?" Tracy asked.
"Because they don't want me in Seattle by myself. Like they think the Vogue is some shit dive bar. I mean it is, but I'm with friends!"
"Hey man, don't worry about it," I said. "You're gonna play. We'll just bust you out so you can go."
Realization spread on his face, "duh, I am Krist, after all...still, it's fucking annoying. I can take care of myself, you know!"
I shook my head and shrugged.
"I got to get back to work," Tracy sighed. "I'll see you soon guys."

It was Thursday. Everyone was moody; they were sick of waiting for the moment the Melvins would take the stage tomorrow night. Tracy and I haven't gone to school all week— Tracy even took on some more shifts so that we could afford the trip to Seattle. She's so sweet! I've been meaning to find a job but there's not much to do of interest in Aberdeen.
I spent the day doing not much of anything other than sitting here at the bar waiting for Tracy to get off work.
"What brings you here?" I ask Krist.
"Ahhh not much. Thought I'd drop by since I was just at the convenience store down the street." Krist said, pulling a fresh box of cigarettes from his pocket."They were buy two, get two free." He handed me the pack.
"Oh shit thanks man. How nice of you to fuel my addiction." I laughed.
"Of course, anything for a friend." He winked, laughing.

Soon Tracy got off work and the three of us headed to my house.
"Why don't we drop in on Kurt on the way? Let's see what that little bugger's up to." Krist said leading us to Kurt's house.
"Psh, okay" I said, exchanging looks with Tracy as we tried to keep up with Krist's lanky figure.

Kurt's POV:
There was a knock at the door downstairs. I put my comic aside to peer down through my window. I could see three people standing at the doorstep; one of which I recognized to be Krist.

Once downstairs, I opened the door slightly. "What are you guys doing here?"
"We're going to (y/n)'s house and we thought we'd see what's up on the way."
"You could come with us," (y/n) added.
"Uhhh, sure. One second." I rushed back upstairs to get changed and grabbed my keys and wallet. Without a word to my mom who was probably in her room, I left with the others.
"We've never been to your house have we?" Krist said excitedly.
"Oh please there's nothing cool about it" (y/n) laughed. "You'll get to meet my Dad though."
I forgot (y/n) only lives with her dad. She never really tells us about her family or personal life, come to think of it. I found myself wondering.

We soon reached her house, it wasn't too small, but it wasn't that big either. Peeling white paint and a small porch, windows glowing with light.
Walking in I noticed the atmosphere was really comfortable. Everything was pretty clean and orderly, but not in an empty way.
"Fair warning: my room isn't nearly this clean," (y/n) said.
Suddenly a man walked in from the kitchen. "Oh hey. Uh, I'm (y/d/n)." He said awkwardly.
"Hey dad, this is Krist, Kurt and Tracy—who you've met before." (y/n) said.
"Nice to meet you guys, and hope all is well, Tracy." He greeted. "Sorry, I'm going to bed but you guys have fun and help yourself to whatever. Just don't drink my beer, okay?" He waved and walked off.
"His job is tough so he's usually kind of tired." (y/n) explained. "Anyways, what do y'all want to eat?"
"Buhhh, I dunno. What do you have?" Krist said, patting his belly and walking into the kitchen.
"I can make some steak and mac n cheese?" She suggested.
"Dude yes, that sounds amazing" Tracy said, taking a seat at the table at the end of the room.

We talked and chatted tiredly, I watched (y/n) as she made us food.
"So, Kurt." Tracy said. I looked over to her. "Are you excited for tomorrow or what?"
"Oh, yeah." I said. "By the way, Buzz is driving as I'm sure you know and we're thinking we should all stay in a motel or something for the night. We're gonna be too drunk to drive home."
"Good idea" Krist said.
"I've been working extra this week so I can help pay for whatever" Tracy added.
"That's real nice of you, Tracy!" (y/n) called over. "Alright, help yourselves, ze food is ready" she bowed.