"No."

"Why?" She questions looking back up at me.

"The Manor isn't like...a 'people' place. Plus, I just didn't want my friends to come to my house. I liked having separation from them and my family." I say honestly to her. I have never really thought about it but I really didn't like any of my friends coming over.

"Why is that? I feel like that's normal?" She asks with a confused look.

"Fuck, I dont know? Why are you asking me so many damn questions?" I say a little annoyed with fucking fifty questions next to me.

"Sorry, I'm just curious. We are so different and it interests me."

"Well, mind your own damn business.." I say rolling my eyes at her.

"I didn't mean to offend you Malfoy? I'm sorry.." she grows quiet.

It's not that she offended me. It's just that fact she keeps pushing me for answers about my damn childhood. I never thought the way I was raised was weird? It's just my family doesn't have time to make cookies, or decorate trees, or sit around a fire and talk about how much we love each other and can't get enough family time.

"Well, nothing is more offensive than those mess of cookies that you call 'decorated'." I say with a small grin on my face.

"Don't hate on my cookies. Try one. They actually taste pretty good." She says handing me one.

I take a bite of one of her so-called snowflake cookies. It actually does taste okay. I'm surprised they don't taste like fucking cardboard.

"Not terrible." I say as I continue to eat it.

"Okay well, it's getting close to dinner. I'm going to bring the extras down to my common room for the younger students. I have something to show you after dinner, so I will meet you back here." She says to me standing up. I didn't even realize how dark it was getting. I guess time just went by out of nowhere.

"What do you have to show me?" I ask curious about her secret plans.

"Nothing big, just something."

"That is so unhelpful Lancing." I sigh. She gives me a small shrug as she gathers the last of the cookies she made.

"Okay, see you later Malfoy. Wasn't that fun!" She says with a smile as she opens my door to my room.

"Fun is one word to describe it."

She rolls her eyes and leaves quietly. Great, now I'm stuck with this damn tree in my room.

Olivia

I walk to the common room with a handful of decorated cookies. I bet the younger students will appreciate these more than Malfoy did. I have a small feeling he actually enjoyed today. He would never admit it though.

I walk in to see a couple of Gryffindor's sitting by the fire having a small conversation with each other.

"Merry Christmas you guys! I have some cookies for anyone that wants some." I say setting them down on the table next to me.

The younger kids start running to the cookies saying "thank you" as they grab one.

"Lancing?" I look up to see Cormac standing in the doorway of the common room.

"Cormac? What are you doing here?" I ask shocked to see someone my own age besides Malfoy.

"I had my family plans get cancelled. Long story." He says walking over to me.

"Same, well I'm glad someone my age is here." I say with a smile.

I am glad. I needed someone else to be around, I was getting a little stir crazy. I knew I couldn't spend everyday with Malfoy, so I am happy to see Cormac's face. I know Malfoy said he wasn't being a great date at the Fall Ball, but he has always been nice to me.