Chapter 15: The Case in Which His Secret Weapon Really Was a Weapon

The thief's eyes turned to the magician for help. However, the magician was no longer there. The magic circle had also disappeared. The faces of the men, who no longer had any means of escape, turned pale.

From then, it didn't take long. The intruders, still hanging on to their stolen goods, ran at Craig and the others, but before they could show off their swordplay, they fell to the ground. The difference in power was obvious, and it was like the end of a period drama where the bad guys were completely crushed.

Craig, who had finished tying up their leader, came to Shun. Shun hurriedly closed his mouth, which had been humming a theme to a violent general. Although everything hadn't been completely settled yet, Craig probably decided that he no longer needed to be there.

"Are you okay? I didn't know that protection would be broken."

Craig helped Shun up and cut his bindings with a sword. He had a bitter expression on his face.

"It was a mistake to have a discussion first. That's how they found out where the base was."

As soon as he arrived at their opponent's hideout, he had felt uncomfortable with their stalling tactics and hurried back only to find out that the spell had been broken.

"Oh, it's all right. It's nothing."

As Shun spoke, he unconsciously rubbed his arm, which had been burned by the rope. Craig frowned even more, placing his hands over Shun's arms. He looked at Craig in surprise.

"It's faster than going to the doctor."

His eyes were met with a frowning face. Craig immediately turned away and said those quick words.

His hands began to glow faintly red, and Shun's arms gradually warmed up. In a few seconds, the light was gone and so were his wounds.

"Oh, thank you. So, you can heal..."

Shun marveled at his completely restored arms. Of all the magic types, healing was very advanced, and those who could use it were considered extremely valuable. Royalty and aristocrats were known for surrounding themselves in high-level exclusive healers.

The heroine of the game was allowed to live in the royal castle because of her talent in healing that had awakened when she came to this world. It was a classic type of story of supporting and healing the capture targets in battle. However, with Craig, this trick probably wouldn't work.

He was a man who had no intention to be captured.

"If it still hurts, go to a doctor. I know you can get a good one," Craig said, tilting his head at Shun's pitiful gaze.

All the intruders were already tied up. While Gin complained to Zaz about his sloppy handling of the accounting books, Evan and Diane compared their faces with their wanted papers. Carl was giving Sui, who had already turned back up, a souvenir.

"Well, there was one person lying beside you. How did you do that?"

Shun timidly picked up the abacus that had fallen on the floor and offered it to him.

"What's this?"

Craig picked it up, and the wood carved into finely curved rhombus made a noise.

"Abacus."

Shun answered with a little pride to Craig, who parroted back, "Abacus?"

"It's used for calculations in the country where I'm from. I've been using one since I was little, and I think I owe my mental arithmetic skills to it."

He continued on to when he cut the rope around his wrists with his pen and how he managed to knock the intruder out by throwing the abacus at him.

"I had been doing it only in my head or with my hands, but I was tired of it. I'm glad Gin made it for me."