Bar Fights

Santana and Brittany had been planning this night for at least two weeks. Santana had been cramming for a final project for her music major. She was currently working on making a minute long piece featuring the technical sounds, whereas Brittany was swamped more than Santana.

The poor blonde had been working every night alongside her classmates in her mathematics major. Santana wouldn't admit it, but she had been silently keeping tabs on Brittany and how hard she has been working.

For context, Santana and Brittany attend Columbia University.

Santana got in because she was practically a musical genius, and Brittany got in because she simply was a genius. Santana has sought these years would be filled with fun escapades through New York City as well as acing tests together- but that never happened. Sure, they were still in New York City, but there were no fun escapades involved. Santana had devoted herself to her major in music, and Brittany had been climbing the social tower of geniuses.

And so, it only took the fourth month in for Santana to scold Brittany on her workload.

The Latina had claimed Brittany was working herself down to the bone. Brittany had usually been skilled at twisting her way out of Santana's claims and watchful eyes, but it only took her one accidental nap on her techniques of integration to make Santana out her foot down.

And now, the two girls were in The West End Lounge. They chose one near the university, just in case they couldn't find a cab and needed to walk back.

Santana was in the middle of grabbing two more drinks from the bar. She had gotten considerably wasted, and her words were starting to slow down and slur. The girl had no regrets- as she was simply happy to be carefree with Brittany once more.

That took a turn for the worse, when Santana turned around with drinks in her hand to look where she had left the bubbly blonde. She found Brittany dancing happily, and Santana smiled. That only lasted for a split second, when her brown eyes landed on a guy dancing with Brittany.

Not next to Brittany. with.

Santana bit her tongue, almost throwing up at the sight. She blames the alcohol for that one.

The Latina narrowed her eyes as she watched the guy. He looked to be no older than her and Brittany, but Santana was not taking any chances.

She noticed the guy's hand raising, and dropping down on the uncomfortable blonde's shoulder. Yeah, that did it for Santana.

The next thing she knew, Santana made her way directly through the crowd to Brittany. She caught up to them both, just not noticing how y'all the guy was. He was even taller than Brittany!

Height had nothing to do with this. And so, Santana did the first thing that had come to mind. She grasped one of the alcohol glasses tighter, and readying herself as if she were about to throw it.

Brittany had just seemed to notice that Santana was standing beside her and the stranger.

"Oh- hey, Sanny!" She giggled. Her smile was cut short as she realized what her girlfriend was doing. "Wait- Santana, n-" She was too late.

The brunette had splashed the drink on the man with full rage. She smiled smugly as he took a couple steps back, glaring now at Santana.

"What in fuck's name was that?" He scoffed, now turning his body towards the shorter girl.

Santana had stiffened up slightly. She was furious a second ago, but now she felt her eyes tear up.

"You d-dont get t-to dance w-with h-her!" She slurred her words as she feebly pointed at Brittany.

The blonde brought her hand up to pinch between her eyebrows as she furrowed them. She looked to the taller guy who was now looking like he wanted to punch Santana. Before he could, though, Brittany had stepped between the two.

"I'm so sorry. She's a little emotional right now and she's not her best self. It would be better if you just walked away- I could get you a towel from the bar myself?" Brittany had attempted to reason with the man.

The stranger glared from Brittany to Santana, then shook his head and turned. He walked off, though making sure to flip both girls off before he disappeared in the crowd.

Brittany watched with a sigh. She turned back to Santana, who now looked as if someone had kicked her puppy.

"You're m-mad a-t me," The drunk brunette mumbled. Brittany softened at the girl's voice- knowing full well that Santana threw the drink at the guy out of her protectiveness for her. Brittany was sort of relieved anyway, that guy had very bad dance moves and he was even taller than her. She had felt awkward about the whole situation, but thanks to Santana- he was gone.

"I'm not, don't worry about it," Brittany cooed as she grabbed onto Santana's wrist to stop the girl from sobbing into the other drink. "Though I do think it's time for us to go back to the dorm now." She suggested.

Santana nodded solemnly, and followed Brittany as she led the two of them to the entrance. On the way, Santana put the glasses on a nearby table, not even caring if anyone protested. Brittany helped the Latina into her jacket, and got hers on as well.

The blonde had watched as Santana's eyelids were drooping more and more- though something had made them shoot back open.

Brittany raised a brow. "What is it?"

Santana hesitated before she spoke, and it wasn't until they were outside facing the cold New York air where she finally voiced her thoughts. "Did you m-mean it?" She stumbled over her words, looking down to the sidewalk as they made their journey back to the dorms.

Brittany cocked her head, looking from ahead of her to now staring at Santana. "Mean what?" she asked for clarification. Part of Brittany wasn't sure whether this was safe to talk about now- past conversations with drunk Santana always seemed to end up with the Latina sobbing or secluding herself to her own bed.

Santana looked up to meet the blonde's eyes. For a second- she forgot what she was even talking about. Brittany's eyes were so blue, and Santana was sure they held more color than the ocean. The Latina snapped out of her trance when she saw the taller girl smirk. "Did you mean it when y-you said I was b-being emotional and n-not my best s-self?" She asked in a whisper.

Brittany looked at Santana for a second longer, holding the gaze between them. Her face twisted into a smile as she wrapped her arm around the stumbling girl. "Of course not- I was just hoping to get that guy not to sucker punch you," She giggled. Santana seemed to relax at that, and Brittany found her mission successful. "And plus- you're always your best self," Brittany shrugged simply.

Santana smiles warmly at the blonde's response, wrapping her arm around Brittany's waist. "Only when I'm around you," She mumbled as she rested her head on Brittany's shoulder.

——————————

Hope you guys liked that little one-shot :) Hoping to work on a few more while I get my motivation back 🙄🙄
Also, thank @1-800-BRITTANA for the one-shot idea :)
If you guys have any more suggestions, feel free to comment or just post a message on my board 🤰🏌️‍♀️
Anyway, hope you guys have a good day or night!