"Frustration is too weak describe how I'm feeling." I bitterly interrupted as I stepped back, away from Loki. "Why are you doing this?"

          "The humans are poisoned, with the idea of freedom. They need a king."

          "You are not a king!" I yelled.

          "YES I AM!" Loki snapped, which I flinched at and stumbled back. "I was the rightful ruler of Asgard! But Odin could not see that and I was put into exile."

          "You did that to yourself." I replied, before letting out a shaky breath. "But Loki, now, you can stop all of this. Come back, to Asgard, to our brother."

          "Thor is not my brother!" Loki snarled.

           I felt tears forming in my eyes, and my expression softened. "Then what am I?" I asked, quieter. Loki sighed and looked off to the side, shaking his head.

          "You are nothing but a mere sentiment." Loki's words left his mouth like venom. I knew it was all lies, but it still stung. And it stung deep.

          "So why didn't you let the Destroyer kill me?" I softly asked.

          Loki saw Thor as a "sentiment", and tried to kill him. If I was the same, shouldn't I have been dead?

          Loki let out a breath of defeat and returned his gaze to me. "Iduna, you know I would never try to hurt you." He reminded.

          "Then let me go!" I cried out.

          "I can't do that. I am doing this to protect you." Loki responded. Here we go again, with the "protecting me".

          "I don't want your damn protection! The only person who benefits from it, is you!" I remembered how he tried to remove me from Asgard, arranging me to be betrothed.

          "Iduna, I would rather have you on this side of the fight than be killed by it." Loki defended.

          "Meanwhile, you kill thousands of others?!" I frantically replied, the tears in my eyes grew. "Innocent people, Loki! Families, children! You are going to destroy all of that!"

          "They need me on their throne, Iduna. It's a small sacrifice for their greater future." Loki explained. I scoffed and shook my head. He's completely mad.

          "I will never forgive you for this." I harshly assured.

          "You don't have to." Loki said. "I just need you to stay alive."

          Before I knew it, my eyes suddenly darted open again, and both of us were back in the base, I was back in Loki's control. I gave Loki a cold glare, looking directly into his eyes. I didn't have to say anything, my eyes did the speaking for me.

• • •

          "Put it over there." Erik told two scientists carrying cases. I studied the Tesseract as I stood in the clear canopy. "Where did you find all these people?" Erik asked, heading over to Clint. I remained close by the Tesseract.

          "S.H.I.E.L.D. has no shortage of enemies, Doctor." Clint answered, looking down at his tablet. "Is this the stuff you need?" Clint held up the tablet to show Erik.

          "Yeah, iridium. It's found in meteorites. It forms anti-protons. It's very hard to get hold of."

          "Especially if S.H.I.E.L.D. knows you need it." Clint reminded. He was right, if S.H.I.E.L.D. found out Erik was looking for the iridium, Loki's plan could be completely jeopardized, which wouldn't be a bad thing, of course.