11 | Wedding Bells

Beginne am Anfang

Before I knew it I was spun around in a chair and staring myself straight in the mirror.  The stylist was right there, smiling.  "How are you doing today, Miss Katou?"

"I'm all right, and you could just call me Hiroshi, if you want,"

"So Miss Katou,"

I guessed she would be addressing me as a miss either way.

"Miss Ootori would like your hair to be styled this way," she continued and held up a picture of a model.  Her hair was curled and parted in such an elegant way.  She first used some sort of special curling wand to create the soft waves in my hair, and then straightening my side bangs yet giving just a tiny bit of volume.  She then took two sections of my hair from the front and secured them in the back with a bobby pin.  For the final touch, she added in a hair accessory very similar to the shape of a butterfly.

Before I even had a second to get a glance of how it looked, the lady seemed to have transformed from a hair stylist to a make-up person, applying eyeliner and just a bit of mascara.  She applied the rest in small amounts.  The thing I like about this lady was that she didn't put make-up on someone to the point where they looked like a clown or some goth person.  But maybe it's because I don't really care too much for makeup.

They strapped a pair of shoes on me that had low heels, which I was extremely grateful for.  I mean, me?  Being able to walk in heels with ease?  Not likely.

One maid took my hand and guided me towards a huge full-length mirror.  I looked up.

"Gah!" I shouted in shock for the second time in the day as I looked at myself.

"You look amazing!" the other maid smiled.

"Uh," I gulped.  "I-I guess this look is certainly different," I said.  That was the best description I could come up with.  It wasn't bad, but I didn't quite see it as a positive thing, either.  I felt so odd, looking much more feminine than I usually did.  That is, if I even looked feminine at all.

"Miss Katou, you can come out when you're ready.  The other bridesmaids will be waiting," said the maids, and walked out of the dressing room.  I took a deep breath and looked at myself again. 

"Hiroshi-chan,"

I immediately recognized Fuyumi's voice and turned around to find her in her elegant, flowing white dress.

"Fuyumi!  You look gorgeous!" I couldn't help but stare in amazement at her aura.

She completely disregarded my statement as a huge smile stretched across her face.

"Gah!  You look so adorable!  Kyaaaa!" she exclaimed, and giving both of my cheeks a pinch. 

"Uhhr," I muttered.  I couldn't talk clearly; I sounded like I had food stuffed in my cheeks or something.

We sat on the sofa in the dressing room.

"So where are the rest of the bridesmaids?  Where did they get ready?" I asked. 

"Each of them have their own dressing room."

"Oh, I see," I began, shocked at the fact that the Ootori family had enough money to have such a wedding.  I continued nonetheless.  "I've never been to a wedding before.  Any pointers?" I asked.

"Well, you should be confident for one thing.  I don't think you should appear embarrassed or shy."

"I guess that's true,"

"And also, groomsmen usually accompany bridesmaids down the aisle in pairs."

I gulped, hoping that maybe Fuyumi hadn't picked a certain someone to accompany me.