Epilogue 01 | Anticipation

Dedicated to my Wattpad partner-in-crime once more! Tea, words cannot even begin to describe how much your support means to me. You're not only one of my biggest sources of inspiration, but also an incredibly sweet and hilarious girl. Our conversations are definitely a significant part of why I love to be on this site. Thank you for being my Wattpad friend, thank you for being so reliable (wahh, our year-long watty admin-ship!), and thank you for being such an inspiring, amazing person in general!

 Epilogue Part I —

Anticipation

A faint crack resounded in the air as I completely stretched my arms backwards. After letting out a deep yawn, I brought my hands right back to my desk.

I fixed my gaze on the basic human outlines I'd sketched in the previous moments. Pulling out my small case of graphite pencils, I debated on which shade to use for this set of designs. 

The slight arching of my brow was simultaneous with a tiny lip bite. There was still plenty of room for error, so I settled for the 8H grade. I could erase everything completely if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

Drawing out so many designs on a regular basis had hard work written all over it. This one in particular was a mere university assignment for my core design class, however; I didn't need to overthink things. It was no final draft for the Hitachiin Design Incorporation.

A smile crossed my lips at the mere thought of the opportunities I'd been blessed with.

Working alongside Yuzuha Hitachiin for the past three years was a huge honor in itself. It was also incredibly fun; I enjoyed myself immensely while discussing ideas and collection concepts together.

The income wasn't something to complain about, either; it was plentiful enough to purchase a modest home in another country.

But that wasn't my intention. A nice, modernly-designed apartment in Osaka located only a short walk from my college campus was perfect in my mind. Paying for school wasn't a huge concern for me; the tuition was roughly two million yen per year, but with my income, there was a guarantee that I wouldn't be paying off any loans after graduation.

Visit my mom and stepdad back in Tokyo took a three-hour bus trip, so we communicated often through webcam. Through these conversations, at least, I saw that the pair still acted like newlyweds after two whole years of marriage. They had more space to live in since I'd already moved out at that point.

Aside from business discussions, Yuzuha and I kept each other up to date with how her sons were doing. They got a younger sister named Ageha after our first year of college; I had to do a bit of heavy work a few days before and after Yuzuha went into labor, but it was worth it. She'd conceived a beautiful baby girl, and Hikaru and Kaoru made sure to come back to Japan for a long visit. It made me laugh to see them pinching her cheeks the same way they'd done with me and Haruhi when we still attended Ouran.

It was great to hear that the two of them were having the time of their lives attending a university in Massachusetts, and they told us about their post-graduation plans to open up their own branch of the family business. Hani and Mori lived in the same apartment complex as them, as did Tamaki and Haruhi.

While Hani and Mori lived in separate rooms, Tamaki begged Haruhi to live with him; with the biggest puppy eyes he'd ever made in his life, he claimed that he wanted to be more like a couple, and she gave in. Needless to say, they've been very happy together despite Haruhi's slightly hectic schedule with law school. The others were wonderful as well.