Chapter 28 - Conflicts

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "I'm sorry."

Is what he said before knocking Subaru out with the wind.

Staring at the unconscious figure, Y/n looked at him. Tears started to form on his face as well, but he held it in. He couldn't afford to cry here when there could be someone coming to this room at any time.

Holding a determined expression, he took everything he could and put it in his bag. He held Subaru's unconscious figure with his wind magic and went to his room. Nobody was in the hallway; everybody was asleep.

Laying him down in the bed, Y/n wrote a message and left it at a desk. He became somewhat hesitant when he was about to leave the room, but he also remembers the promise between them.

Even if he wouldn't regard Y/n as his friend anymore, the promise will still be kept, forever and ever...

Y/n: "We've promised to support each other forever, right? So, even if you broke it, I won't break mine."

With a smile, he left.

***

The next day, the whole building was in chaos. Y/n couldn't be found anywhere. He was gone!

There was one question that everybody in there held, 'Why?' Why did he leave? Did he hate them? But what have they done wrong for him to hate them so much that he left them? He was just fine and bright yesterday!

Perhaps the most worried and confused one here was Emilia, who was one of the last people who met Y/n.

Emilia: "He held such a carefree expression, and it wasn't fake... So why did he leave?"

Puck tried to reassure that he would come back, but it didn't work as he hoped as she became even sadder that she couldn't help him when he did save her after the conflict between Subaru and herself.

Rem was sad as well as much as she was angry. Just why? She asked herself. Why did he leave so suddenly without a reason, without any notice at all?

Rosawaal was quite upset himself. Just when everything was going well, this happened. He would make sure to find him and bring him back no matter what.

Inside his room, Subaru held a note; his hands were shaken from fear. His body was sweating, some of them dropped on the mail. He held a fearful expression as he slowly opened the mail.

When he opened it, he saw a paper inside the mail, but he became hesitant to take it up. He knew that it was his fault for what happened yesterday and why Y/n left the mansion.

Gritting his teeth, Subaru gulped his salvia and took the note out. Reading it carefully, his eyes widened before he fell to his knees.

Subaru: "Y-Y/n... I-I'm sorry..."

He muttered; tears started to fall from his cheeks. His eyes became red, and snot was dangling around his nose.

"Hello, Subaru. If you're reading this message, I had already left. Since I don't have much time to write this, I would make it short, sorry.

Well, first of all, I'm sorry that I didn't think about how you feel all this time. I should have noticed. You can hate me all you want, but know that no matter how much you hate me, I will never hate you back.

Even if you broke our promise, I will not break mine. Since I'm the one who took everything away from you, even I myself wouldn't admit that I did it. Since it wasn't yours from the beginning, I will give it all to you instead.

I hope that you can grow and learn from this and maybe... In the future, we can become friends again."

***