Chapter 6

As Bryce dropped me off at home I walked into the kitchen and sat my backpack on the marble kitchen island. I wanted to eat but I decided not to. I just walked up to my room and laid on my bed and fell asleep. I woke up to the doorbell ringing. I walked downstairs and opened the door. Jaden was standing there. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Bryce told me what happened and I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making people think that. I know you probably don't think I love you like I said I did but please trust me Soph, I love you. I truly do." He said. I could see his eyes getting all teary. I had never seen this side of him before. I thought that he was always this "badass" type of guy, but he really wasn't. He truly cared even if he didn't want to show me. 

"Jaden," I said walking towards him and wrapping my arms around him. "You mean so much to me okay bud. I love you." I knew he'd never date me or anything but I thought now that I might at least have some sort of chance. "You should get to back to school." 

"I'm not going back. Not without you. Either you get in my car and we go to school together or we stay here. Your choice." He said firmly.

"Jaden-" I got cut off. 

"Soph. I don't care about school . I care about you and your safety." He said. I had felt a tear drop from the side of my cheek. Jaden came and scooped me up in his arms and took me to my room and laid me on my bed.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He said. "I'm going to go downstairs and watch TV okay?" 

"Can you stay here?" I asked. 

"Of course." He said. He laid next to me. I pushed myself close to his body and put my head on his chest. I felt his arms wrap around me. Next thing I knew, I was asleep.